does anybody know what bootloader is on dreamelite4.0?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 749 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Its a hard one to say without knowing if its genuine or a clone box. Have you tried accessing it using the webif at startup as if you were about to flash the box.

It should tell you there what bootloader is on the box.

The link below in the code box will tell you how to access the webif. You don't need to flash the box, you just need to access the webif to find the information you require.

Code
    https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

Nano

• its a genuine box the bootloader is 83 but do i have to flash second stage bootloader

please help nano mate do i have to flash the secondstage bootloader im only learning

Edited 2 times, last by nano: merged posts ().

• Never had a DM500HD, but if its the same as my 800Se you just need to flash the image to it.

I can't say i have ever had to flash the bootloader, i just flash the image to it and leave it at that, if the image has a newer bootloader it normally updates it as part of the installation of the new firmware.

To be honest if you have an original 500Hd (not a V2 model) i would go for an o.e 1.6 image rather than an o.e 2.0 image like you have installed if you want it to run quicker. You will also have more usable flash memory left to use for plugins etc etc.

I have tried o.e 2.o images in my 800se and found it slowed the box down and used up all the flash memory, i have gone back to using an o.e 1.6 image. Why do you think DMM introduced the V2 models. Its because the box could no longer keep up with the demands from the firmware.

Nano

• EDG Nemesis is a cracking image even if it is quite old.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!