Card Sharing With PC DVB-S Card

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,896 times. The last Post () by SkinBobUk.

• I wanted to try out cs on the cheap, so gave it a go using my pc before shelling out on a nice dm800! Here is a simple tutorial for anyone who wants to give it a try. It should work with pretty much any dvb-s or dvb-s2 pc satellite tuner.

Ok here goes.....

Basically I got my Satellite card (compro S350 DVB-S PCI ?20 from ebay) and installed it. I made sure it worked with all the basic FTA channels ok with the viewing software that came with it. It also works on with windows media centre.

The next stage is connecting to a card sharing server.

Unfrtunately the software that came with it cant do that. So you need another viewer.

I've tried a load and found DVB Dream to be best. Especially as it's freeware so you don't have to pay for it.

Once you have installed dvb dream its simple to use. On first startup it asks you to sellect with satellit you are pointed at, it then scans for all available channels. From here you should be able to see in a list on the left all the channels available. In my case i am pointed to 28.2E so i also see a load of sly encrypted channels.

All things being well you should be able to watch all the fta channls with no problem.

Next is card sharing.

Their is a plugin called Hadu which works with the dvbdream software to connect to the sharing recievers. I'll attatch it at the bottom.

It couldn't be more simple to use if it tried, basically within the zip is three files.

Unzip these to the plugins folder within your dvddream software.. for eg...

c:\Program Files\Dvbdream\Plugins\pip00\

Now there is only one file you need to edit. This is the hadu.ini file. You can open this with notepad and edit it. Basically this is where you place your cline from your sharing server.

At the top of the file is where your cline goes, but it is written in a bit differantly to what you have on dreamboxes, etc.

Code
    [Serv_cardshare]
    Server=CCCam:aaaaaaaaa.dyndns.org:port:0:username:password

This is what you need to put at the top of the file.

[Serv_carshare] Rename cardshare to whatever you want to name the server,
    Server=CCCam: Basically this sets the protocal of the server so in this case cccam,
    aaaaaaaaa.dyndns.org: This is basically the server you are connecting to,
    port: This is the port number the server uses,
    0: This is not used so just keep it at zero.
    username: Your username.
    password: Obviously your password.

Once you have edited this to match your cline save the file and fire up your dvbdream software again. Under the plugins header you should now have a section called hadu. If you click monitor you can see if you have connected to the server. You should now be able to choose a channel and the hadu plugin will fetch the keys, etc and you can view the channel.

Some cardshare servers prefer you to use the latest version of cccam. And they can see what version you are connecting with. But we can change this easily. Simply open up the hadu.ini again, just under where you have put you c:lines is a load more options, look for the following..

Code
    [General]
    PluginActive=1
    KeyPath2=
    Version=2.14

And simply change the version number. If you leave no number it will default to 2.1 which was made when the plugin was made, but you can change it as more version are released. It basically just identifies the plugin.

Here is a link to the hadu plugin

Code
    http://tmf120.eekhost.co.uk/Hadu_0.122.zip

Here is a link for dvbdream

Code
    http://www.dvbskystar.com/

Simply choose dvb players on the left and you can download it from the page that comes up.

If anyone needs any more help feel free to ask away!

• No problems, I wanted to start out cheaply before buying a linux box and found it a doddle to do. Plus its quite handy for when the mrs is watching the tv i can come and watch eastenders on the pc lol!

• Will do! I've only got a fixed mini dish at the moment, but as soon as im working again (made redundant) im gonna start saving for a bigger dish and motor to really get into the hobby!

• Heres a link to the latest HADU 0.126 beta. (very stable and quick)

:download:

Another good viewer is MediaPortal full functioning Media Center, you will need to install MADPIfilter to run HADU on it.

http://dvbn.happysat.org
    , you will need to join the DVBN forum to download it.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• No problems, I wanted to start out cheaply before buying a linux box and found it a doddle to do. Plus its quite handy for when the mrs is watching the tv i can come and watch eastenders on the pc lol!

Same here mate, been using Media Portal for years with VM cable and this was the logical next step for me. [Hoping some clever coder could develop a cccam server to run inside MP]

• Same here mate, been using Media Portal for years with VM cable and this was the logical next step for me. [Hoping some clever coder could develop a cccam server to run inside MP]

Try this http://1geek1tool.com/dvbdream

It basically creates a virtual tuner in media centre, the tuner being dvbdream controlling your dvb card and cccam.
    By doing this u can use media centres epg, etc.

• Have you tried the latest version of Media Portal with and the Web epg plugin with the SAF plugin HD is very good.

I Also use the Streamed skin and you then end up with a very nice looking mc with no limitations. [I download movies and tv series from newservers and only watch live tv for sport]. So Media Protal works for me.

• Some cardshare servers prefer you to use the latest version of cccam. And they can see what version you are connecting with. But we can change this easily. Simply open up the hadu.ini again, just under where you have put you c:lines is a load more options, look for the following..

Code
    [General]
    PluginActive=1
    KeyPath2=
    Version=2.14

And simply change the version number. If you leave no number it will default to 2.1 which was made when the plugin was made, but you can change it as more version are released. It basically just identifies the plugin.

This dosnt seem to work for me in Hadu 0.126 it still shows up in CS Sudio as 2.11 when conected any ideas

Fixed I was puting the version line in wrong place

it needs to go directly under each c line.

[Serv_***]
    Server=CCCam:..................................
    Version=2.2.1:3316

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!