Target readership for this forum

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 577 times. The last Post () by balanga.

• Can any of the mods or administrators tell me who their target readership for this forum is?

I am relatively new to STB's but am keen to find out as much as I can. I really like having Linux running on my STB so I imagined that LINUXSAT support would be an ideal place to find out about my new passtime as I run LINUX on a SATellite receiver and am in need of suport....

But it seems like this support is only provided on specific systems but it doesn't mention anywhere in the rules
    which systems are supported although I'm told that a Vu+ Solo clone which I hsve is not supported

Can any of the mods or administrators tell me who their target readership for this forum is?

I am relatively new to STB's but am keen to find out as much as I can. I really like having Linux running on my STB so I imagined that LINUXSAT support would be an ideal place to find out about my new passtime as I run LINUX on a SATellite receiver and am in need of suport....

But it seems like this support is only provided on specific systems but it doesn't mention anywhere in the rules
    which systems are supported although I'm told that a Vu+ Solo clone which I hsve is not supported

As mentioned above, there is no support for VU+ Clones because of our arrangement with our sponsor but you will find plenty of support for Linux..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• As mentioned above, there is no support for VU+ Clones because of our arrangement with our sponsor but you will find plenty of support for Linux..

Well that's something....

I know a little about Linux, but Enigma is definitely an enigma to me... I presume that it is some distribution of Linux just as Ubuntu or Debian and are all the different images such as BlackHole, OpenPLI etc built on top of the same version of Enigma.. I'm not at all clear just where Enigma ends and BlackHole starts. Running 'uname -a' via ssh I see my STB is running Linux v3.1.1 under mips.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!