VU+ Solo red light...bricked?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,643 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• Hi I was trying to update the EPG on my VU+ Solo when it suddenly crashed(green screen) it then was in a loop blue (Black Hole) screen then green screen, so I pulled the plug to stop the loop. When i plugged it back in I had a red light and the box would not boot. I have tried flashing using a USB stick but nothing happens just red light it doesn't read the stick. I have tried RS232 cable, ComPort 1 is recognised but box isn't using 'VU Utility'. It is almost as though the box is switched 'off' even though there is a red light shown. Is the box completely bricked? I tried updating using zip and .nfi vix images, but the box isn't 'seen' by computer so can't flash it. I tried program called 'Putty' but again nothing happens, almost as though box is off.

The firmware on it was Blackhole 2.0.9.1 which I believe its the latest version. It seems very buggy and crashed a lot particularly when trying to get the EPG to work. I Have contacted the seller and they have told me "I must of updated the box with Blackhole 2.0.9.1 v2 which was released on April 19 2014 and that had a virus in it which has wiped my flash and bricked my box so no refund". I have told him I haven't updated box with any software, which I haven't. I think he is lying about the virus as I haven't seen anything mentioned on the net. The box was running ok (apart from crashing now and again) but after this crash it no longer boots. Red light and nothing else. As mentioned have tried USB flash and RS 232 cable but nothing.

As mentioned nothing happens when USB inserted into VU+solo in either front or back Usb port, and no response using VU Utility.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The guy I bought it from on eBay told me the box was 100% brand new original from Korea. It is about a month old and cost me £129.99 thanks D

• Official Post

At that price and from the tale you have been told from the seller i believe you have a clone buddy..This so called virus will have been a security update/clone bomb in the new drivers which has done the damage... I would compare your receiver with the images from this link fake vs genuine Vu+ solo.. If you find out it is a fake, open a dispute with ebay and send their details to support@vuplus.com.. You can also warn other members from buying from them here ==> Name & Shame Rogue Traders..

• Will do thank you....I have emailed him on eBay saying I want refund or contacting trading standards...I opened a case on eBay for refund but have to wait until 12 may

• correct stevejo, alot of people think my box has gone tits up (fake or not) ill want i want i want otherwise i will report you. please explain what was the purpose of the box, ummmmmmm let me see to learn spanish, french german ect on there fta stations. all you have to do m8 is be nice to people and we all get along fine, instead of threats and demands.

• correct stevejo, alot of people think my box has gone tits up (fake or not) ill want i want i want otherwise i will report you. please explain what was the purpose of the box, ummmmmmm let me see to learn spanish, french german ect on there fta stations. all you have to do m8 is be nice to people and we all get along fine, instead of threats and demands.

if he had bought the receiver knowing it was a clone then yes he could go about it very differently, but to be first sold a clone as a original unit, then to be told it was his fault for updating the image so he's basically screwed and the seller is washing his hands of it, is not only morally wrong but legally too.

at the end of the day this guy has ripped some one off and likely not for the first time either, if we all just sat there and put it down to life lesson learned these scumbags would never stop doing it, the buyer has nothing to fear from reporting this scumbag to the authorities, only those operating illegal servers and the like need fear going down that route.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Dont think it matters whos in the wrong now does it..dude has been been stung and let that be a lesson to others..do some research before you cry about your spilled milk...buying a heap of junk from a tramp on fleebay only has one outcome!

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!