which box would you recommend to me

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 988 times. The last Post () by melvinator.

• hi peeps just signed up to site and yes its the big same question but im clueless with this, its all new and money is big factor.
    i keep reading posts saying get this get that on other peeps posts asking same question to then read on another site dont buy.

ok what i need box to do probaly best way to start.

1. i would like twin tuner so i can watch and record

2. 7 day epg with one click record

3. box will be used for card sharing but dont need to mention more on that note as it pushing rules limit i believe

4. ideally i coming away from *** tv as i simply struggle to pay for it and dont get me f1 channel but ideally would like easy epg like *** etc
    if i could find box that can set its own updates and do everything *** box will do cheap i would be happy man.

if you need more details to assist then ask away but as i say im clueless really and its starting point so easy to navigate menu etc and basic to operate is must. was also thinking of pci card if cheaper but would have to have remote control still but pc connected to tv so that be easy to set up to

any comments much appreciated in advance

• vu boxes are well supported however u can kiss *** uk goodbye 6 months at most its gonna go and started to go black .that said u can watch sport on alot of euro platforms

• Ok knowing what your budget is would be a big help for members to reply to you buddy....

If your looking a box to replace your sly one with just to get sly through cardsharing then you really should read this thread first.... SlyUK Anti-CS measures switching off HD Channels

One thing to remember about Linux boxes is that they do take a bit of work from time to time, image updates adding plugins etc are all part of the hobby and it's going to be hard to recommend a box to you that can just be left alone forever once up and running.

If your looking a bullet proof box to do all the things you want then I would suggest you look at the Vu+ solo2 available from our site sponsor here: http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ and to get up & running very quickly with a image that is very user friendly then flash it with ViX.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• i heard the hd channels were getting blocked but heard that all the normal channels wouldnt be able to get knocked off. is this wrong info? my budget was £100 max but pushing £150 with dirty look of missus. (you all know how it is lol) we still love them all the same. so if you think its all coming to an end would you recommend a cheapo box f5 or something and see what happens. or go for it and get decentish box to budget and hope there is work around or patch fix for hd soon. im not 1 for sports other than f1 its more for all channels really. tbh theres not any certain channel i watch

• you would be best going for at least a enigma 2 box u can install iptv plugins and other stuff for streaming movies and will at least get u *** in one way or another .if u spend £50 on a cheap box thats all it is. there are some good boxes on the sponser site with guarantee aswell be u dont get one of them with a f5 box .as for the measures with the sd for *** its already going black on the italian channels they will go in the end mate

• thx mate i do appreciate ur help would that offer the one click record and 7 day epg aswell?

if sly uk does completely go is there any other sat that would give majority of channels as say sports is no interest other than f1 which isnt a must as i could grab of net anyway

• The options of one click record & 7 day epg are all to do with the image flashed onto the box, not the box itself.... Vix is a good starting place and if you go for the miraclebox from the sponsor it will come with that image already installed if you wish. There are plenty of other really good images out there... Blackhole/openpli/openatv etc etc but they may not all be compatible with that box.

Loads of sats up there.... but just remember you will need a motorised dish to use them

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• ok ok i just been reading post bout 5ky being rolled and blacked out. so do i spend money on box or do i hold off and put up with cheap one and see how things turn out. if i was to invest in technomate box i heard they are ok for price? if so how much would motorised dish set me back. i know again it would simply go down to product itself but for basic set up.
    all i want is channels to watch and not have 5ky rip off prices. dont we all lol so if i invested in motorised dish and bought half decent box would you say i would be investing money wisely in your opinion. i mean i still got free channels on *** box anyway after it gets chopped

• if you buy a cheap box it's going to be closed source... which means that you can't use it for card sharing, and this is what you will need to do to be able to get shares for opening channels by other providers which you don't have a subscription for. There is nothing for free in this hobby and the boxes don't just open channels by themselves... a lot more reading is required before you decide what to do buddy... check out the sponsors website which I linked you too in a earlier post you will see all the equipment and prices....

fI7WHhv.png

• ok mate thank u. i do appreciate ur time and help and sorry for such noob questions but we all got start somewhere and its people like urself that take time replying that gives others and myself help and knowledge and make us all a bit wiser in our old age lol.

many many thanks for the replies peeps i much appreciate it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!