Imaging the HD Quad Plus (some questions)

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,300 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• I just bought a GigaBlue HD Quad Plus but I don't like the openpli image it comes with, I read these instructions for the other box (http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=48577) I guess the process is the same for imaging this one?

My questions are:

1.) does an image have to be called "quad plus" or will any "quad" images work?
    2.) do I have to update the bootloader first?
    3.) the bootloaders listed here: http://image.openmips.com/4.0/index.php?open=loader don't have one for the quad plus, only quad, is this the correct one to use?
    4.) how do I know which bootloader version I already have?
    5.) do I have to use the bootloader before every time I want to image?

thanks for any advice :)

• The file structure is gigablue> quadplus> (image files).

Not sure of the exact flashing procedure as i have the Quad not the plus model, but they should be very similar is not the same.

p.s you can get the newest version of my flashing tutorial from www.openvix.co.uk ( i'll upload one for the Quad plus when some one confirms the correct flashing procedure or me ).

As far as i'm aware there is no bootloader update for the Quad plus yet, but even if there were it would only need flashing if a newer one was released, not every time you flash a image ( unless stated otherwise ).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Hi, I have a GigaBlue HD Quad Plus, and my initial thoughts on it are that it is a great box, as VirtuallyMore says the built in image that comes with it is not great, does the job but not great.

i had the GigaBlue HD Quad before running the VIX image which i really liked, but there this is no VIX image for the Quad plus, does anyone have a clue when The VIX team will be releasing the image for Quad Plus, or can anyone direct me to a good alternative image (preferably english)

Also one other thing i need advice on, at least until the VIX image is released, is how to get MGCAMD to work on the Gigablue Quad Plus, any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• While recording is in progress, ALL box functionality is delayed and often ignores button pressing. Is this because I am using the same crappy image or is this box just really poor?
    I never had this happening on my cheap DM800 HD SE, I assumed buying a more expensive box would mean better performance...

• The ViX Image for the Quad plus has already been built but none of the Dev team have had access to one on which to test, until today when we recruited a new beta tester specifically for this unit, as far as I am aware the only issue holding back release is the LCD which is not working correctly (needs to be skinned), once that's sorted we will release the image.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!