Help us pick the next Image name.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,155 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Ok guys here goes.

Within the next few days we will be releasing another new image revision. yes I can already hear the Groans and complaints asking why another new flaming image so soon ?????.

Well, we are having a major server clear out, combined with substantial changes to the Image feeds and another OE core merge. This means you will not be able to use the online update option but you should still be able to use a settings backup from a earlier Zeus or Helios build.

We appreciate that this will be the third image revision in as many months and fully understand the inconvenience this may cause to some users but it's a necessary update and rather than asking users not to use the online update, then complain to us after the fact, we decided to again remove the option to save you and us the grief.

so with that and keeping with the Greek Gods theme, we have a short list of 6 potential names, so get involved and let us know what you want the image to be named.

Code
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37964-Poll-for-new-image-name&p=289457#post289457

Note to mods, sorry for linking to the WoS forum If i have overstepped the mark please delete this thread.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I would go with ViX Sisyphus.....

In Greek mythology Sisyphus (/ˈsɪsɪfəs/;[1] Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísyphos) was a king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth) punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever.

In the modern day world he would be punished with having to update his Vix image day after day after day after day....... :snicker:

p.s only joking......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

I would go with ViX Sisyphus.....

@mckee: Compelling argument, but it sounds a bit too much like syphilis for my liking :laugh:

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• well the ViX image has since day one been in constant development and will be until the day we decide to end it. Technically every image Since Zeus was launched is the same image line, but from previous experience asking users to reflash rather than use the online update, always got ignored, only to be followed by dozens of posts when things go wrong. so we removed the option from their hands all together.

a reflash followed by a settings backup restore, is not too much to ask, and every OE-Alliance team is in the same position but they dont get the flack that we do.

personally i'm not worried in the slightest about what happens once the lights go out for CS in the UK, I dont even watch more than a hour of TV a week even though i have over 15 receivers.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

OpenViX Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenViX Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!