Vu duo packed up

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 697 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Hi all,

Had a Vu duo for the last few years , it has just packed up (red light)

I am looking to replace it as my main box, which box would be better VU solo2 or VU Duo2?

Can these boxes both do what my old VU duo could do?

Looking to purchase one today from world of satellite

Any help would be helpful

• Official Post

Suppose much depends on your budget Dans, I have had my solo2 since they launched and have been over the moon, it's significantly faster than what you had, the big pull for the duo2 is that you can swap around the tuner cards like adding a cable tuner if you wanted to

Have you considered trying to get your duo repaired ?

• The Vu Duo is about 3 years old , Think its time to upgrade, thanks for your reply I don't need any more than 2 tuners so the Vu solo2 looks good. will look at getting it repaired but as I use my box as a server as well I need to get one soonest. cheers

• Thanks for the information, even with no electronic experience, bad eyesight , I went to Maplins got a new capacitor, fixed the box within 10 minutes using the guides from this site.

To be honest I did not think it would work but it did.

Thanks saved me some cash

:20_003:

• Official Post

Great news this Dans mate, you can take the other half out for a lovely meal now to celebrate :red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!