Help with image for DM800

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 862 times. The last Post () by defiantuk.

• Hi folks

I've recently acquired a rather old DM800 (Clone) - It has SIM 2.01 and #76c bootloader.

Can I upgrade the bootloader on this? I see that there are newer versions of the bootloader available.

If I can upgrade the bootloader, I assume this means that I have access to more images?

What image would you recommend I use? I would like something stable if possible.

I have read about the flashing method via a web browser and can set this up on a router with DHCP but I also have a null modem cable available if required.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

• Hi Inspiral

Many thanks for the quick response.

Which SSL should I use - I've checked
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=846

There is a 84, 84a, 84b and 84d
    I was going to go for 84d but it says -
    DM800HD will use ssl84d and orginal drivers 20130607 for OE 2.0 based dmm images
    The new boot-loader used only with original dreammultimedia drivers 20130607.

How do I check what drivers are on my box and whether it will be compatible?

Thanks.

• Hi Inspiral

Many thanks for your help.

Had a bit of difficulty as it wouldn't flash using my Windows 7 laptop (with IE/Firefox/Chrome) - but flashed right away with my old WinXP laptop using Firefox.

So, now I have SSL84b and the box seems to work as normal.

At the moment, the box says:
    Enigma: 2010-06-01-experimental
    Image: Experimental 2010-06-06
    NIM: Tuner A Alps BSBE2 DVB-S2
    I also get a DreamElite graphic on bootup - so I think it is running a version of DreamElite from 2010 at the moment.

Can I now use any image on this page:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=264
    Does it matter whether it is SSL84a, b or d?

What is the general concensus re a stable image?

Also, how do I take a backup of the current image on the box with all the current settings so that I can flash it back in case it all goes horribly wrong?

Many thanks.

• You can now flash ssl84d images mate yes ;-)

To make a backup of current image you need dflash plugin -> d-flash v12.6
    Asign it to your USB & remove the coax from tuner or won't work m8

What's your dish setup? Fixed or motorised as I will link you to a team image you likes?

Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Thanks Inspiral.

Will take a look at dflash. I do not have a USB stick mounted yet - so will need to figure that out too.

I have a motorized dish (USALS) which is on the 45E to 45W arc although I watch mostly 28.2E and 13E and would be nice to have the relevant EPGs etc.

Thanks.

• Thanks Inspiral.

I've tried the image you suggested (PLI4) - it seems ok apart from a couple of freezes with it - more problematic though is it does not save the new root password (ie after I specify a new password using passwd in a telnet session) - after reboot, it reverts back to "dreambox" - very strange indeed - do you know if there a fix for this?

I am trying a few other images at the moment but will probably go back to PLI4 if the password issue can be fixed.

Thanks.

• Yes, I found it very strange - the behaviour was only on the PLI4 backup image you linked. I may go back to it again just to check one more time. So far the other images I have tried are very unstable on my box.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks for your help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!