homehub 5

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,342 times. The last Post () by alom.

• just got bt infinity installed and the hh5 is a nightmare cant portforward as it just dosnt save any settings. and keep getting dns errors on a lappy thats happly worked for years without a hitch.
    has anybody got a hh5 setup and working ok as i cant get into my server .
    or can anybody recommend a fibre router that works like my old draytek 2820 did

• Official Post

just got bt infinity installed and the hh5 is a nightmare cant portforward as it just dosnt save any settings. and keep getting dns errors on a lappy thats happly worked for years without a hitch.
    has anybody got a hh5 setup and working ok as i cant get into my server .
    or can anybody recommend a fibre router that works like my old draytek 2820 did

Hi mate, I had similar troubles with mine, was a real nightmare, would drop signal and cut out at least 4 or 5 times a day and i had the same thing with a replacement hh5

In the end i switched back to the hh4

• if anybody phones it drops altogether trying to get a fibre modem and use my old draytek but it throtles the speed down a good bit .
    had a hh4 but never set it up might try that later cheers tebaa

• I got my hh5 setup without any issues. But I never used it. Just connected the white openreach box you get with fibre to the gigabit connection on my netgear and that was it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Yep hh5 is fine, just remember to set it up exactly as online intros tell you.

From memory, I thought the same thing, then realised I still had the firewall on, and you need to reboot it between settings changes, but when working all is good.

The hh4 doesebt support 802.11ac, so didn't want to use that, plus also wanted to save a little ££ by only having one box plugged in rather than two.

Sounds as if you've got a fucked box though, as mine is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• did you get it to save ports and ip adresses of server and port forwarding in general working alom
    because i cant get the hh5 to save any thing that i want it to.

• did you get it to save ports and ip adresses of server and port forwarding in general working alom
    because i cant get the hh5 to save any thing that i want it to.

Yea. .. It was all working mate. I got rid because you have to keep the btfon Wifi open for public if you want access to bt wifi when your out and about. That's why I didn't use it. But it all worked fine. If you ate struggling, give them a call and they elk help you out and if it's faulty, they'll replace it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!