My channel list causes the image to stop loading

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 875 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I have my own channel list that is based upon Catseyes Enigma 2 (I have a VU+ Uno box). It happily resides on my BH 2.0.9.1 image that also has CrossEPG, MartixHD and CoolTV installed. However I have tried using some of the other images for this device. No problem flashing the box or adding the plugins I require but the final action is to upload (using the Vu+ Control centre) my channel list.

When I do this I reboot the box and, despite whatever image I use (except 2.0.9.1) I get the spinning icon in the top left of the screen and it will not move any further. This only happens when I load my channel list.

of course a reimage back to my previously saved BH 2.0.9.1 fixes the problem.

has anyone got any ideas as I am tempted to use one of the other images as the main issues with BH is having to totally reflash and also the latest version is not compatible with MetrixHD

• I had a similar problem with one image (I think it was one of the BH ones).

Anyway, it turned out to one of the characters in the bouquet markers. IIRC it was ":" at the start of the marker.

After I removed this from all the markers and replaced it with "=" everything was OK.

• Thanks for your prompt reply 007.4. I have checked and it looks like all my markers have ===xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=== format. I will go through them all again though.

One question - I use setting type 4 for my channel list on BH 2.0.9.1 i.e. Enigma 2.

Do I use this for the other images or should I try setting type 2?

• Well I'm now using OpenPli but I'm fairly sure I always use Settings Type 4 for enigma2 on the newer boxes.

Thanks for clarifying. I might try saving as Type 2 and see what happens and also try loading a Catseye original. Will post my results

• Hopefully I have sorted this. Someone did kindly suggest that I check my satellites.xml file as it can get corrupt. I did this and copied over the file from a working Catseye download I had based my channel list on. This didn't solve the problem but when I was checking the satellites.xml file I noticed loads of other files that I had but were not present in the latest catseye list. Ok most of them were .bak and .org which shouldn't have made a difference but I deleted all that did not appear on the Catseye download and then uploaded my channel list. And hey presto it is now working.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!