Fixed Dish - What box as a $ly Replacement?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 593 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I am ditching $ly and want to put together my own system but I don't know what to use and I am new to all this. I am advised to get 'openbox' or 'dreambox', 'Spiderbox', 'VU+ Solo2' etc. and I am stumped as to what to buy! I appreciate this is Linux site but these are just recommendations.

I live in flats at the moment with a load of fixed aerials on the roof. Because of this I can't fit a motorised dish yet but I would like a box that I will be able to use a motorised dish on when I move to a house. I would also like an RF output/compatibility as everything it set up now to feed to my bedroom.

1) Will a fixed dish get me the same basic channels or am I wasting my time? I am not overly concerned with 8000 channels for now but I but would like the basics, BBC, ITV, *** 1 etc.
    2) I have read 28.2 is basically useless now (?) but if my *** receives it, surly some boxes should?

I did a search for 'fixed dish' but nothing specific came up, only recommendations for fitting motorised ones. Anyway, if anyone can spare 2 mins to advise what route I should take or even a forum link or summit it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

slim_j

• Official Post

To recommend a receiver we would need to know your budget..

A fixed dish will get you freeview channels, you will need your own card or access to somebody's card to view any premium channels.. These receivers don`t magically open all channels on their own..

Your own card will now be paired to the official receiver, so you won`t be able to use it with the new receiver you are planning on purchasing unless you re pair it to an official receiver that doesn`t use the new anti card sharing method..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!