Updating an 'old' 102e HD

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 921 times. The last Post () by Todd.

• Alright so i've come across an old 102e HD and it's outdated box, and i'm pretty new to this.

Now, i've had a read around and i'm under the impression that you update the firmware of the box, then have to update channel lists. Now this is where i'm a little bit stuck, or should i say i've had trouble finding solid answers.

Am i right in thinking that to update the channel lists i can do that purely by searching in the satellite options on the box? In my case Astra 2A and Nilesat OR do i have to download and update the channel lists like i updated the firmware (using a USB).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited once, last by Todd ().

• Scanning a satellite will give you all the channels on that satellite in no particular order other than frequency/transponder.
    You can then arrange these into your preferred list or lists if you so wish, eg: movies/sport/etc..
    If your receiver hasn't been updated for a long time, your better off starting off from scratch and creating your own list/lists.
    The ariva channel editor can be found on the ferguson website.
    After you scan in your channels, arrange them in alphabetical order before dumping them to a usb stick. It is easier to find and arrange them on your laptop when your creating your own list.
    When your happy with your list, just reload them back to the receiver using a usb.

• Giving it a try now codar, thanks.

Just another quick question if i may. 'Scrambled channels' is this normally fixed by a firmware update? Or is this another area i need to look into?

Again thanks for the quick reply.

• Ah no, scrambled channels are just that.
    Patched firmware will let you input a share from your/someones server in order to clear those channels, although i have heard official cards work in some of the arivas (I never actually tested it as i only use it as a client box from my server) but not sure if your model qualifies.
    As for a 28.2 card, i'd probably forget about hd on that, with all that's going on at the moment. You may have a shot if the card is paired to an old sd receiver but again, don't know if it will work.
    I don't receive nilesat.
    The patched firmware can be found here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=57881

• Ah so only cards will sort the scrambled channels. Do these cost? If so are they one off/weekly/monthly payments?

In regards to your first reply about the channel lists, I could never find a dump/move to USB option. Do you know how to dump it off the top of your head?

Again, thanks for the replies. Don't want to pester too much.

• The cards are official subscriptions, ie: the ones that come in the official receivers.
    Payment options are between you and the card provider.
    If you are gonna go down that road, there are far better receivers that will act as servers and can update all channels automatically. You then could setup a share from that receiver to clear the scrambled channels on the ariva. (better to ask advice on here if your planning to subscribe to a provider as not all providers cards can be shared)
    Read here for a better understanding:

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=90

The ariva's are a tidy "second" receiver for a bedroom etc, but are very limited.

To backup a channel list:
    1 Insert usb stick.
    2 Goto Menu~Tools~Upgrade by usb
    3 Scroll across from "allcode/bootloader" to "Dump"
    The bottom half of the screen will show a file called dumpfile.abs / backup.abs (One or the other, depending on your firmware.) This is the channel list file that will be written to your usb stick.
    4 Hit start.

To load channel list:
    Same as above except:
    3 Scroll across from "allcode/bootloader" to "userdb"
    The bottom half of the screen should show your dumpfile.abs / backup.abs, If not, scroll across untill you see it.
    After the list is flashed, the receiver should reboot.

Regards

P.s. Ask questions all you want, If i can answer them, I will.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar: More info. ().

• I sorted the channel lists out and i'm looking into cardsharing now. Thanks so much for your help codar, you've given me much better insight.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!