connecting a rf cable to vu duo

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 716 times. The last Post () by codar.

• hi there I was looking to see If anyone could help me with this I have a vu duo box in my living room and have it connected hdmi to tv but I also have a upstairs bedroom tv and there is a rf cable between them as the vu box has no rf out is there a way of using the rf cable and getting the bedroom tv working.
    Thanks in advance

• I tried rf modulator but the tv is older and doesn't time by
    Channel numbers it's only a frequency type when it does pick channel up it's all snowy so I was hoping for another solution.
    Can you not use a lnb input on loop through setting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• You could use lnb loop through. (if your duo has it)
    In order for that to work, your duo needs to be in standby or off and you need another satellite receiver in your bedroom connected to your rf cable.
    Loop-through is a means of sharing a single dish feed between two or more receivers or tuners but only one receiver/tuner will work at a time, the others will have to be in standby or in some cases, powered off.
    I don't own a duo so I don't know if it has an external loop through facility.
    If you do not have an external loop facility on your duo, a handy alternative is a manual satellite switch.
    Can't seem to find it on sponsors website but google it and you'll get the idea.
    You'll still need a second receiver in bedroom though.

iBffBYU.png

Edited 2 times, last by codar: More info ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!