Rookie Alert!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,380 times. The last Post () by farenheit.

• First of all I would like to say hi to everyone this website/forum(s) - so hi everyone! :)

I have a problem related to my Amiko mini HD - most of my HD channels have gone and I've been trying to update the channel list with the help from "farenheit", "hopper" and "freck" - the files that they've uploaded on other threads. However every time I go to upgrade by USB and upload the channel list - I get 'Check software version error'.

I am new to the whole 'Amiko' setup as I've upgraded from a F5 box.

So if its ok with everyone - can you share your knowledge across so I can learn from this mistake? :)

Thanks!

• First off, is it a Mini HD or a Mini HD Combo?
    For the Combo: Download and Extract the .zip file to a usb (you should have MiniHD_Combo_Galaxy_1.2.24_fixed by Dekolte_UK_Ch-List_JUNE.abs) and go to Menu > System > Upgrade By USB
    Then select the downloaded file within the Upgrade File option and select " All SW + Bootloader " for Upgade Mode.
    Then Hit Start.
    Let us know how you get on.

• First off, is it a Mini HD or a Mini HD Combo?
    For the Combo: Download and Extract the .zip file to a usb (you should have MiniHD_Combo_Galaxy_1.2.24_fixed by Dekolte_UK_Ch-List_JUNE.abs) and go to Menu > System > Upgrade By USB
    Then select the downloaded file within the Upgrade File option and select " All SW + Bootloader " for Upgade Mode.
    Then Hit Start.
    Let us know how you get on.

Hey Farenhiet - thanks for the fast reply.

What is the difference between the two boxes (I feel embarrassed :$) I tried to google the two but it comes up with all the same ones haha but its the black one and not the red one.

Thanks

• The Mini HD Combo has a Hybrid T2/DVB-C tuner (Terrestrial and Cable) as well as a DVB-S2 (Sattelite) Tuner. Basically 2 tuners.
    There are 2 Mini HD set top boxes, a Mini HD SE (1 x Sattelite only Tuner) and a Mini HD T2/C (1 x Hybrid Terrestrial and Cable Tuner)
    This is the difference in a nutshell. Have a look at the back of the box. If it has 2 inputs (LNB in and RF In) its a Combo, if it has a single f-type tuner (LNB In) it's an SE and if it has a single RF In its a T2/C
    Take a looke here.
    Hope this helps

• The Mini HD Combo has a Hybrid T2/DVB-C tuner (Terrestrial and Cable) as well as a DVB-S2 (Sattelite) Tuner. Basically 2 tuners.
    There are 2 Mini HD set top boxes, a Mini HD SE (1 x Sattelite only Tuner) and a Mini HD T2/C (1 x Hybrid Terrestrial and Cable Tuner)
    This is the difference in a nutshell. Have a look at the back of the box. If it has 2 inputs (LNB in and RF In) its a Combo, if it has a single f-type tuner (LNB In) it's an SE and if it has a single RF In its a T2/C
    Take a looke here.
    Hope this helps

It has a single LNB in - so its a Mini HD SE.

I tried what you told me to do earlier and it came up with the same message 'Check software version error'.

• I don't think your channel list is the problem if your not clearing HD channels anymore.... I take it you mean sly movies & sports??????

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I don't think your channel list is the problem if your not clearing HD channels anymore.... I take it you mean sly movies & sports??????

Yeah I'm not getting HD sly movies or sports and a few others ... but rest of the channels work.

• Either is anyone else buddy!!!! sly have implemented new pairing methods between their cards & receivers.... there are plenty of threads on here about it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Either is anyone else buddy!!!! sly have implemented new pairing methods between their cards & receivers.... there are plenty of threads on here about it.

Ahhh I see! Daymm that sucks ey! I guess sly are getting smarter! =D I'm sure they'll be away around it! So should I keep floating around in this Amiko Mini HD forums to see any updates?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!