updating to latest oscam -newbie

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,194 times. The last Post () by darnit73.

• I recently got this box and i'm looking to put the latest Oscam-129r9753 on , I have installed bh. I have read through the forum for instructions but im no programmer. what I need is some advise on ftp as I've never used it before. all replies most welcome.

• Official Post

Download and extract the latest version of oscam for arm architecture from here ==> oscam-svnxxxx-arm_cortex or use the attached version oscam-svn9760-arm_cortex-webif-libusb-Distribution..

For example purposes you will have installed the attached version Oscam-120r8943_Prismcube_bhp..

With an FTP tool like Filezilla, connect to the prismcube and navigate to folder /mnt/hdd0/program/bin/

Rename the file oscam to oscam1 (if you have any problems with the new version just rename this file to oscam)

Inside the folder oscam-svn9760-arm_cortex-webif-libusb-Distribution is another oscam file, send this file to /mnt/hdd0/program/bin/

Change the permissions on this new oscam file to 755 by right clicking the file and choosing file permissions..

Reboot the prismcube..

You should now be running the latest version of oscam..

If you want the new version to show in softcam manager then FTP to /mnt/hdd0/program/camscript/

Open the file named Ncam_Oscam1.20-r8943.sh with notepadd++

Edit the line CAMNAME="OScam1.20-r8943" with your new version..

Code
    CAMNAME="OScam1.20-r9670"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!