Updating Firmware .abs removed my favorite names openbox x3

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,775 times. The last Post () by yourman.

• Hi there..

I have a openbox X3 It was playing up .. So up reflashed the box with the lastest firmware "Openbox_X3_Q3_X4_Q4_Europe_120920.abs"

I did this and then added the lastest AJ Channels list but I have now lost all the names on the favorites ..

They was like

Entertainment
    movies
    sports

Now they are

Fav1
    fav2
    fav3

Please help me ?

• just make a factory reset, and fav will be named again
    strange but true

So up reflashed the box with the lastest firmware

This will always result in the fav names being reset back to fav1 fav2 fav3 unless its your own backup image..
    Once you rename all the favs, make an image dump so you will always be able to return to that point.

In the future when updating channels:
    1.. delete all channels through the openbox menu & restart
    2.. upgrade by usb using the Misc File option and only select TP_PROG.dbs
    3.. restart box

The new channel list will be loaded & your Fav names will be preserved..

I have renamed the thread because AJ's list had nothing to do with this issue

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• This is a bit of advice from sattv5

The way to get The favourites under the correct headings is to load the default Database:
    On the remote select Menu > Factory Settings > Select Yes > Then Press Blue (Don't make any choices at the menu)
    The screen will flash black and you will be back at the menu. If you check your favourites now they should all be in the correct order

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!