Watching live TV over LAN

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,076 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi, I recently purchased a Ferguson Ariva 252 Combo. Is there any way to watch the currently received channel from a tablet or PC on the same LAN as this box? This is possible on my Technomate TM-500, using its "WEB-X-TV" web server application. But the patched Ariva web server just has options for configuring CAM clients, not for watching TV.

I notice that Ferguson have released a "Big2Small" android app to allow watching TV from android devices, but this only works with the Ariva 103 and 203.

Also, is there any way to download recordings from this box to another machine on the LAN for editing? There doesn't seem to be any SAMBA or FTP access, so I presume I have to physically move the USB Hard Disk to the other machine?

Apologies if these are dumb questions, I just want to be sure I'm not missing a trick here.

Thanks for looking.

Hi, I recently purchased a Ferguson Ariva 252 Combo. Is there any way to watch the currently received channel from a tablet or PC on the same LAN as this box? This is possible on my Technomate TM-500, using its "WEB-X-TV" web server application. But the patched Ariva web server just has options for configuring CAM clients, not for watching TV.

As far as i know, there isn't, but open to correction.

Also, is there any way to download recordings from this box to another machine on the LAN for editing? There doesn't seem to be any SAMBA or FTP access, so I presume I have to physically move the USB Hard Disk to the other machine?

Again , as far as i know, you will have to physically connect to hdd for editing but again, open to correction.
    I'm sure all released android/ios apps released from ferguson are for original f/ware and may not work on patched versions. That said, the remote app does work a treat on original and patched f/ware.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!