Faulty tuner on solo2 - how to replace ?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,823 times. The last Post () by Rake.

• Hi All,

Long time !

I have found one of my tuners to be faulty and the box is second hand so no warranty.

I am handy with a soldering iron and am wondering if there is any advice on how to replace a tuner about anywhere ?

Symptoms are - tune fail and loss of audio quality on SD.
    Change to tuner B - all good.

Many thanks

rick.

• Hi ,firts check cable from your dish test the good cable to the turner faulty, if work ok is not the turner maybe lnb or connection rf in the cable.

If is the turner on ebay they sale and is pluging ,take aout the faulty and put the new one.

• Hi Rami, thanks for the reply, it is the tuner - only have 1 cable fitted.

When tuner A connected - problems. When tuner B connected - good.

Same cable / LNB / Dish - only different tuner.

I will check ebay but not sure which tuner I need. I thought they were fixed tuners ?

thanks again

• Sorry ,but you have 2 turner and you need 2 cable if you have in only one cable is normal turner b faulty

• Hi Rami, if one tuner is not configured the other will work as standalone - it has been working for 1 year like this.

I have Tuner A configured as simple USALS
    Tuner B not configured.

Worked fine until today.

Fault appear on tuner A, so I change to tuner B, set tuner A to not configured and then copied USALS to tuner B and it is working again but tuner A is broken for sure.

Tuner is BCM7356 DVB-S2

I dont find anything in eBay :(

• Sorry but for confirmation do you have only 1 input lnb in the back your solo2 ?

• No problem,

Yes only 1 LNB input to the box from the dish.

Also only 1 tuner configured. 2 tuner present in Solo2.

Edited once, last by Rake ().

• ok your turner is ok , just reflashe your image ,or switcth off your solo2 from the back and swuitch on again

• Hi Rami,

I reloaded a backup as the first thing and it did not fix.

I also did a power down / power up many times - did not fix.

The only thing that fixed is to move the input to tuner B but now only 1 working tuner.

I suppose reload of image as good as re flash ?

• What rami has suggested is correct buddy, reflash a fresh image onto your box to see if both tuners will work with it.... it could well be that the image your running now has become corrupted, or the backup of it that you flashed on was the problem...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• yes but normaly whent you setup only you setup turner a no b

• OK thanks to both of you.

I will reflash tomorrow - not risking it now as the wife is about and no tv means a sore ear.

Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks again.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!