CrossEPG - storage device set to internal flash want to select ext hdd

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,847 times. The last Post () by veyron.

• Hi, i have the martinxp openpli image and i noticed i couldnt record, i found a post from paul which sorted that out. If i go to menu > setup > Cross EPG and click configure the storage device states internal flash which i dont want and wish to select my ext hdd. If i press the left or right arrows nothing happens. Please can someone tell me how to change this whether it be via the receiver or using telnet and using some cmds.

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

then i went into recording paths and set all locations to my ext hdd in the movie folder.

this is what it states on screen "it does tell me the drive must be mount in rw and if you cant see it your device is probably mounted as read only or autofs handle it only in read only mode. in case of mount it manually and try again."

i have ran the cmds fdisk -l, blkid, df -h and mount. I noticed the below from the output

Usage: fdisk [-ul] [-C CYLINDERS] [-H HEADS] [-S SECTORS] [-b SSZ] DISK

Change partition table

-u Start and End are in sectors (instead of cylinders)
    -l Show partition table for each DISK, then exit
    -b 2048 (for certain MO disks) use 2048-byte sectors
    -C CYLINDERS Set number of cylinders/heads/sectors
    -H HEADS
    -S SECTORS

spark7162:~# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 60.0 GB, 60011642880 bytes
    64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 57231 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sda1 1 57232 58605119+ 83 Linux
    spark7162:~# blkid
    /dev/sda1: UUID="68f7a777-7649-48a3-a33f-f5cbfd296912" SEC_TYPE="ext2" TYPE="ext 3" LABEL="RECORD"
    spark7162:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 119.0M 99.8M 19.2M 84% /
    tmpfs 56.9M 0 56.9M 0% /ram
    /dev/root 119.0M 99.8M 19.2M 84% /dev.static
    tmpfs 56.9M 0 56.9M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 56.9M 0 56.9M 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 56.9M 4.0K 56.9M 0% /tmp
    /dev/sda1 55.0G 180.0M 52.0G 0% /media/hdd
    spark7162:~# mount
    rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
    /dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw,relatime)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
    tmpfs on /ram type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    /dev/root on /dev.static type jffs2 (rw,relatime)
    tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
    tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    automount(pid487) on /autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=487,timeout=5,minproto=2,maxproto=4,indirect)
    /dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
    spark7162:~#

I have also installed the HD Manager but cant see anything in there to help with changing CrossEPG for AutoBouquets to save to my ext hdd rather than internal flash.

many thanks veyron

• in all my time using the alien2 iv only ever come across the internal flash instead of ext hard drive with crossepg is in the HDMU images which needs the 3 file fix.

never on any other images i have this problem,

can i ask in hd manager what have to set it to as i believe its just the top 2 that needs setting and then the swap

• I thought it was bad as when your in cross epg it warns you using internal flash can cause damage. I am pretty sure the hdd used to show in the list then you can select it. You certainly can when in spark. In hdd manager I haven't changed anything but they don't match my recording paths which are hdd/movie whereas in hdd manager it's set to the following

When in setup - cross epg - configure once you press red for back it prompts with
    " please read no disk found. A hard drive or an usb pen is hardly suggested. If you still want to use your internal flash pay attention to: 1) if you don't have enough free space your box may completely block and you need to flash it again. 2) many write operations on your internal flash may damage your flash memory"

In system-system-recording paths I set it to the same once I mounted the hdd
    Default movie location - /autos/sda1
    Timer recording location - /autofs/sda1
    Instant recording location - /autofs/sda1
    Time shift location - /autofs/sda1

Mount all on receiver startup - no
    Mount on /media/hdd - sda1 55gb
    Mount on /media/hdd/movie - nothing
    Enable swap on receiver startup - no
    Enable swap file - no

What's the swap file for? Like a page file but for the receiver ?

Should it be
    Yes
    Nothing
    Sda1 55gb
    Yes
    512mb ?

Edited 2 times, last by veyron ().

• this is what ive used

Mount all on receiver startup - yes
    Mount on /media/hdd - sda1 55gb
    Mount on /media/hdd/movie - nothing
    Enable swap on receiver startup - yes
    Enable swap file - 256mb

may have to mount first reboot then set swap

the thing is normally crossepg finds the drive regardless of any mount method just find it strange but by all means search for the 3 file fix on here, it replaces 3 files in crossepg and hopfully it sorts out your problem

• thanks, i did as per post but cross epg is still saying internal flash then it warns me no hard drive has been detected and using the internal flash can cause corruption. what does your say paul?
    see the pics i have attached.http://tinyurl.com/oq54zqb

Edited 2 times, last by veyron ().

• some reason changed my hdd mount manager to the same as yours and now i went back to the cross epg config and its finally let me change the storage device to my ext hdd :d thanks for your help paul, top man :)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!