BT Infinity

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,212 times. The last Post () by nano.

• My local telephone exchange has just been upgraded and I am now able to have fibre optic broadband. I have been looking at
    some of the BT Infinity packages and wanted to ask if any of you guys have BT Infinity and what your experiences are of their
    service particularly with regards to CS.

Thanks
    dasduffer

• I've had bt fibre for couple of years. Not an issue. .....yet. Get around 70mb down and 17mb up

One thing to remember is everytime you restart your router. .. Or if your connection drops you will get a new ip so will have to forward the new address to your dyndns.

They don't offer static ip address.

Saying that. ... I've not had 1 drop out from the line stabling (which they say is about 10 days)
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited 2 times, last by alom ().

• Official Post

I have had Infinity since it started in my area, approx 3 years, i get 50mb dl and 10mb ul

I have had some problems with the new home hub 5, it tends to drop out at least once a day for just under a minute, this might just be my one and if it was replaced may be fine

Generally very happy with the speeds and the service from BT, although if you phone them it is possible to barter them down, which i did about a month ago

Good luck

• Same here had mine since the start around 3 years Luckily i get near maximum due to my local Modem CAB being only doors away so get 78.5 down and around 19 up, in the 3 years i have had it only had it go off twice for around 30 mins maximum.

Luckily i dont have the HH5 never been tempted to upgrade due to some of the horror storys i will gladly stick with my Fibre modem and HH3 should i ever wish to change to a better router but have never seen a reason to anyway.

as for the IP if you use dyddns or no-ip then you have the option in the router to track the ip neve had to update mine manually at all left it to the router

Regards

• ive had infinity for a few months now 66mb up & 18mb down,,,so far it has been flawless,,,the hh5 is working as it should ,,,cs working fine client and server.
    portforwarding is easy setup,,,router also has function to update dynamic dns........

• I have had infinity for about 3 years also. I had a bt broadband account before and had nothing but bother with and swore never again. But when they brought infinity out, plus the fact i live beside the exchange, i had swallow my pride and go back. But thankfully it has worked from the day i got it and have had no bother whatsoever.

• Like the others have said, I've been with BT over a year and apart from the IP change that happens around 30-40days, my modem has only dropped off around 3 times out of the year, so much cannot be said for talktalk who I was with before, BT are expensive compared to the others but in my option are worth that little bit extra, go for it! (screen shot below is my speeds, sorry but taken the picture on my phone)

601dd3.jpg

• I've had nfinity for nearly 3 years and as much as I hate BT for their poor customer service I can't fault their product.................. too much. My only problem is I get high ping times which is rubbish for gaming, depending who you get talking to when you call, they'll either fix it or say its out of their control.

• As far as i am aware they have always done unlimited. They do sometime traffic profile during really busy periods if your a heavy user, but eitherway i found them a better provider than BT. I made a bad mistake switching from VM to BT in all honesty.

VM usually keep you on a static IP too.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!