Adding more Lnbs (Advice needed)

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 775 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I got a bit of time next week so I wanted to do some DIY on my satellite dishes. (any excuse to test the new FS1 sat meter lol)

My current system is as below
    1.10 dish with Technomate TM2600 H-H Diseqc motor
    Sly zone 2 fixed to 28.2e

Option1,
    Connect the motor to sly zone 2 dish and the 1.10 dish fixed to 7w and add as much lnbs as I can.
    problem, how on earth can I attach the motor to the sly zone 2 dish? I dont think it is meant to accept a motor.

Option2
    Leave everything as it is but just add few lnbs to sly zone 2 dish.
    problem, can seem to find any multiple lnb holder for sly dishes.

hope someone can help/advice (except drilling the sly lnb holder to improvise)

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

• I would leave the motor setup alone tbh as if it is working perfectly, why mess with it.
    If you want to test out your meter, i would get my hands on a multi lnb bracket (fleabay 170982083303) and stick it on the *** dish and try an pull in something else on it without moving the dish as nothing is moved if things don't pan out, although i haven't tried it myself with a minidish tbh.
    Try the strongests sats first, 13, 19 etc,
    Here is a handy list of strongest transponders:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=137&page=3
    If you have a couple of £ to spend, why not loose the minidish and buy another replacement sat with multi lnb bracket (could tell the missus it's knackered and had no option:69:)

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• I have seen that item but wasnt sure how that will connect to the sly lnb holder, it seems to have only one hole for screwing to the lnb hand.

meter looks to be working fine (only tested it on my sats which were already up and running)

1.1m dish, TM2600, Smart Oxid 0.1dB, 18" T&K

• Thats correct, but holds em quite secure.
    I have it on my brothers house with an 80 cm dish picking up saorsat,hotbird and astra2 and he seems to have no problems.
    There is differences beween a sly lnb an a standard one alright though.
    The sly one has a smaller diameter neck as opposed to the standard size so if you were to chance this bracket, you could end up building up around the lnb neck with rubber/plastic.
    The sly one also has a raised tab on one side of the lnb holder, this would have to be filed off in order to let you pull the lnb back or forward to insert the clamp. This raised tab is there only to limit the skew on the lnb and (i think) to prevent you using the dish for other sats with different skew's.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!