Feed Hunting Receiver.

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 847 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Hi Everyone.

What would be considered the top blind scan feed hunting receiver of the present.
    I understand hardware blind scan is better than software blind scan ?
    Is Linux considered better & faster at blind scan than conventional receivers ?
    When I was last in satellite it was Nokia, Dreambox, Triple Dragon & various Blind Scan receivers which were just starting at the time.

Regards.
    Tony.

• some of the closed source technomate stuff haver quiet a comprehensive Blind Scan functions. TM5000 series from memory ? other people may know more.

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• The Only reasonably priced Closed source receiver i know of that has near 100% accurate Hardware blindscan would be the Technomate 5302HD although support is a little thin and it uses an old proprietary channel list system so ready made channel list are hard to come by. But if using just for feed hunting its an ideal machine and cheap at around £85.

If you wnat to go down the PC route then the TBS6925 cannot be beaten

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!