mgcamd and DM800 HD SE Clone

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,836 times. The last Post () by Inspiral.

• Hi,

So, lots of tries later and I am still none the wiser... Here is what I trying to achieve...

I have a Sunyray DM800HD SE clone, running OpenPIL V4, which works well with CCCAM with an N line as my card server is MGCAMD based. All fine, apart from sometimes it freezes (fine after a restart CAM) - which I cant help but think is something which will be solved using MGCAMD (as this has a keep alive setting).

My newcamd list is as follows:-

Code
    CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS = cam.server.com portnum username password 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 wan newcs

1. Is it ok to use the DNS name rather than the IP for the cam server?
    2. Deskey is all 0's for example only - but in this format.

My mg_cfg is as follows:-

1. My internal IP range is 192.168.1.###, does this mean the IP in log option in mg_cfg should be that of the receiver IP - not the 172.16.1.1.

I put both the above in var/keys (var on my image is linked to /usr/keys).

Any help would be much appreciated. Just to make it clear, I don't want to re-share my key, just use the one key for my one receiver.

Cheers

Dan

• Official Post

1. Is it ok to use the DNS name rather than the IP for the cam server?

If the server has a static external ip address then it doesn`t really matter if you use the ip or hostname.. If it doesn`t have a static ip, then using the hostname is essential to staying connected to the server..

1. My internal IP range is 192.168.1.###, does this mean the IP in log option in mg_cfg should be that of the receiver IP - not the 172.16.1.1.

Change 172.16.1.1 to the dm800se`s ip address.. This log can get large very quickly, so disable it when you are not looking for errors..

The below config is what is used to keepalive or reconnect to the server.. It looks configured properly..

Code
    # network retry, use summ for several options
    #    00 disable
    #    01 retry every new ecm
    #    02 try to connect to offline shares every Q: seconds
    #    04 try to detect and fast reconnect to lost (and not used atm) server
    #    + XX messages number and YY seconds to reconnect
    #    mg will reconnect to server, if no answer to last XX ecm/keepalive or
    #    if no answer for last ecm or keepalive sent for YY seconds
    #    set to 0 to disable
    N: { 07 } 5 30

Maybe the log will reveal why your share is freezing.. Though if the same thing is happening with mgcamd, its likely a problem at the server end..

• Cheers for coming back...

I begin to think that the OpenPLI image V4 has a problem with mgcamd. I think its maybe time to try another image. I checked around the net and it seems lots of the Sunyray MIPS DM800SE clones running OpenPLI V4 have the same blank screen I do. I have been playing far to long with every variable I can think off...

Its a shame, the OpenPLI is clearly laid out...

Do you know of an image thats good for 119W? (I can load the sat xml no prob)? Something that runs mgcamd like a dream... (so many wishes...lol).

Dan

• Inspiral,

It Works!!! It bloody works... (sorry for the soft profanity) - and it doesn't stutter. You are the chap :-). I tried for 3 days, getting up at 02:00am this morning too...

Sunryray DM800 SE...
    Must be mgcamd 1.38C
    Must be Dreambox/Mips (06)
    Must listen to others advice...

Its not what you know, its who you know, lesson learnt...

Happy Dan - I owe you a pint...

Dan

Oh, and I can keep what I deam the cleanest image ever - OpenPLI 4 (and I don't work for them either).

Dan

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!