VU Solo2 overheating in openpli4

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,002 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• I have been experimenting with many images on my solo2. I am very much impressed with timeshift feature included in openpli4 with a lot of options in record menu like 'save timeshift till current time'. It also has a new style seek bar when in timeshift mode. But the problem I am facing at the moment is overheating the solo2. I am using glass utilities to monitor the temperature. Although I don't see any bad behavior by the box during high temperatures which could be 48c to 50c or some times beyond that. I have checked the temperature in other images like openvix and it remains about 41c to 43c which is acceptable but temperature like 50c or above is worrying. I have stopped using PLi image due to this issue and decided to stick with OpenVix but I still miss the brilliant timeshift feature in OpenPLi. I have not found this feature in any of the other images. I would like to come back to OpenPLi if somebody advices me how to fix this overheating issue or is there any other way of using OpenPLi timeshift plugin on OpenVix ?

• I have never used openpli4 buddy but in the menu/settings was there no sub menu for fan control???? in here you can change the rpm of the internal fan to lower the temperature of the box....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• ViX already has a more advanced timeshift plugin built rite into the image by default, in fact the timeshift plugin Pli now use was "borrowed" from ViX although they will never admit to that as they like to submit things to their git and conveniently forget to add the appropriate credits, unlike pretty much every one else.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!