help vu soloSE vu solo2

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 687 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• so witch box have quality picture vu soloSE or vu solo2 .

witch one is better spec and takes lower power supply both 12v?
    does vu solo2 have cable tuner i want cable tuner to cause *** le down

why does vusolo2 have that big power supply?

• The Solo SE has no internal HDD, officially a single tuner and has been somewhat limited by a 10/100 LAN port instead of a gigabit. It's quirky and expensive for what it is and it has been priced in no mans land.

Suffice to say, unfortunately on this occasion VU don't seem to have got it quite 'right' with this model.

Ultimately it is what it is. I would imagine and suspect a lot of people interested in a VU machine may perhaps give it a miss and head towards the Solo 2 instead.

Edited 14 times, last by ekkostar ().

• The Solo SE has no internal HDD, officially a single tuner and has been somewhat limited by a 10/100 LAN port instead of a gigabit. It's quirky and expensive for what it is and it has been priced in no mans land.

Suffice to say, unfortunately on this occasion VU don't seem to have got it quite 'right' with this model.

Ultimately it is what it is. I would imagine and suspect a lot of people interested in a VU machine may perhaps give it a miss and head towards the Solo 2 instead.

It depends what you want it for though ?

I think for the money it's not too bad, sure it doesn't have gigabit lan, but 10/100mbit is still quick enough for most people (not everyone has a gigabit router anyway), internal hdd isn't the end of the world as you can connect to a network or usb hdd anyway.

I think the 1.3 dual core cpu, 1gb ram and the pluggable tuner so you can switch between dvb-s/s2,C or T/T2 makes it reasonably good value for money.

The Solo2 is more expensive, and you have fixed sat tuners, so if you wanted to use a C or T/T2 tuner you would have to use usb tuners.

• Guess it could be used as an expensive bookend perhaps lol ?

The market has moved on considerably from when the original form factor of the Solo came out. Sticking a new CPU inside was never really going to be enough in this current market.

No internal HDD and NAS with hampered network speed is not the most sensible future proofed compromise. Designers got that one horribly wrong. Officially its a single tuner.

Pricewise it is too dear. Lots of ramblings about that one going on. Interestingly only a mere week after launch a number of 'or best offers' have started to appear on you know where.

I suspect the smart VU money may pass on this one and head more upstream....or you could perhaps wait to see what the next few months brings....

Edited 5 times, last by ekkostar ().

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!