new member.....HELP

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 696 times. The last Post () by master G.

• hi all, new member here requiring some help so please bear with me!

im after some help with my vu+ duo, im running VIX on it, i had it all up and running and thought my EPG had lost some programmes showing what was on, as i was going on holiday and wanted to set a few things to record i decided to try and update it, i then lost all of my EPG except my free to air channels, after a couple of attempts of trying to re upload them my box froze and wouldnt let me do anything, not even turn it off at the remote so i had to turn it off at the back, now when i try turning it on, it says " starting " then booting, it goes up to 99 then freezes again.

some times an error message flashes up on the screen saying "your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted" it then says your receiver will restart in 10 seconds, but nothing happens, i left it a while but still nothing happened, it was like it had frozen again.

i then have to turn it off at the back again.

any help would be appreciated

• hi, not sure if it has been saving to internal memory or hdd.

i cant even get onto the box now without it getting stuck on booting 99 then the error message coming up now and then

how can i reflsh the image? would it be best to stay on VIX or if i tried blackhole would i have to reinstall everything such again as i would be using new software?

many thanks

• Official Post

How to flash a Vu+ Duo by USB

Latest BlackHole Image

Latest OpenViX image

would it be best to stay on VIX or if i tried blackhole would i have to reinstall everything such again as i would be using new software?

Depends which vix image you currently have installed whether you can use a backup and restore it to the latest image.. You can`t use a backup from a different image, say vix to blackhole or vice versa.

If you can telnet to the receiver, type top it will show you what resources are available or used. If the flash memory is indeed maxed then we can start removing some things that should get the image working again.

• bear with me on this, im new to it all and i bought the box with everything pretty much installed so i didnt have to do much to get up and running.

how do i telnet to the receiver to find out what resources are available or used?

• when i do the above it wont let me copy and paste but it says

mem: 85768k used, 52612k free, 0k shrd, 480k buff, 32380k cached
    cpu: 1% usr, 0% sys, 0% nic, 97% idle, 0% io, 0% srq

• Official Post

how do i find out what softcam i am using and how do i back up my configs?

Press the blue button > Softcam manager > Active cams will be obvious..

CCcam config > etc/CCcam.cfg
    mgcamd config > usr/keys/
    oscam config > etc/tuxbox/config/

What worries me more than anything is you have no clue how to set this up, so i assume you must be using a payserver ?

• when i turn the box on and it loads, and goes up to booting 99, then the openvix page come up on the screen with the vix logo in the top left hand corner just turning round as if its loading, then it literally wont do anything its just stuck on that page,

it wont let me press the blue button to see my softcam, CCcams etc etc, you cant even turn the box off with the remote? its like its just frozen on that page

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!