Bought the Optibox Spider HD6000 - now what?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,094 times. The last Post () by mahrkpat.

• Hey friends,

I bought the OS HD6000. I know what to do just don't know how. Do I need to re-flash the Optibox with a new image or can I use it 'out of the box'?

Any guides/instructions would be a massive help. I've done this in the past with a Dbox but it's been a few years.

Thanks.

Jay.

• This is extracts from a test I did on the optibox spider I am not sure but IKS is gone now

Patching

I am always in a hurry to get things done and that is my greatest fault. I downloaded the patch unpacked it and put it on a usb stick formatted to FAT32 put in the box went to upgrade then upgrade by usb then pressed ok button without thinking, it was set on Firmware upgrade, it seemed to flash normally but on boot up the front panel displayed ASH. I should have done a bit of reading when installing the patch, I should have put the upgrade type as Total Flash warning to all.

Luckily I have a old desktop and rs232 cable downloaded the rescue image reflashed the box was off and running again. Flashed the patch properly this time, the box rebooted and went to BBC1 and was set to correctly to my region, I don't know whether this is a feature of the box or who ever made the patch lives in my region.

The secrets of the Optibox spider
    On the remote press menu>service>menu>9999 reveals the secret cam menu on newer firmwares I think either 6666

When I originally tested it although it was twin tuner you could only use the 2nd tuner to point to satellite for IKS and not to view one channel and record another someone told me theres a firmware that makes it truly twin tuner but I've not tested this.

ps forgot to mention this optibox spider, the spiderbox 6000HD is completely different.

• I don't remember the optibox spider having a front usb might be newer model? Please be sure of what box you have this is firmware for optibox
    But you do upgrade firmware by usb the only reason to use rs232 and pc is if you get ASH on front panel when booting up.

• Yes - the HD 6000 has a USB port on the front. The problems I am experiencing is that I have formatted the USB stick to FAT32, extracted the new firmware and tried to reflash the box but failed. It doesn't recognize the software on the stick.

I don't have any device with a RS323 port on it. That's old skool - it's all HDMI or USB 3.0 now.

• Mate you have spiderbox 6000HD if you read my first post I do say it is different from the Optibox. Your box is better than the optibox I will pm you a link so you can get the most help and get the IPTV side of your box as well IKS working.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!