debian server fault finding

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 160 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    The debian server that I built a few years ago thanks to the help I received from this site, may now be running a little bit suspect. I am trying to narrow the fault down to (A). Server problem, (B). Internet problem or (C), other issue.
    Problem is that some channels will 'glitch' for a short while and then run fine for say 2 or 3 minutes. The ecm's all seem to be in the .200 to .3130 region. I have 2 X smargo's installed and have tried the server with one smargo at a time and compared results. Removing one smargo appears to make no difference to the problem.
    What is the best way to check out the internet connection to the server. Is using VE network catcher the right approach for checking the internet service or should I be looking at log's etc to help find my problem.
    Any advise is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Any ecm over 600ms is going to cause glitching !
    Give us more info please.

Check your logs !

What emu(s) are being used

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks for your response.
    I may have confused you on the ecm figurers. They vary between .200 and .313's. I am running CCCam 213. The problem seems intermittent. It's fine today with the same ecm times. What should I look for in the logs. I never looked at them before but am willing to learn.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!