Which box satellite and streaming?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 495 times. The last Post () by cascas.

• Hi All,

Recently looking for a STB for a tv in a new extension. I have a Humax Freesat box in the main room. In the extension I would like to get box that can receive the same FTA channels, and stream media (as per XBMC or similar).

I have googled the subject, but am just getting more confused., which ones I should look at and which ones I should avoid like a plague. I am flexible on price.

I would like box that works simlar to a standard STB, with a decent EPG - to suit the less technically inclined members of the family.

I would like to be able to record from the EPG, similar to my freesat box.

Do I need a combi box? or a box that can also run XBMC (or should I consider using a STB and a seperate XBMC reciever).

Do I need OScam support?

Can anyone make any recommendations?

• (option 1)
    i have 2 pc 1 with a usb tuner 1 pci express card, i like to try make thing,

(option 2)
    i know 1 box Prismcube i know it only for read about there are are people here they know more
    look on the site you can read more about the prismcube

(option 3)
    there is a e2 addon for the most enigma 2 boxes
    i have try it on the azbox it need many memory and cpu speed
    the addon called XBMCAddons

my favoriets is option 1

VU+Zero4K

09553007003687213979.gif

• I have googled various options, but I am more confused than when I started.

I am looking for an enigma2 box.
    Option of a 7 day EPG,
    Ability to record one channel whilst watching another (is this a twin tuner)
    Optical Sound out.

Budget is flexible - (but dont want to spend more than I need to). What would others recommend?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!