S10 Firmware update Dilema

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,263 times. The last Post () by Protek.

• Hi all.

I bought a s10 today and im really quite impressed by it.
    However i was going to update the firmware but the guy i got it from + the cline told me not to as it will delete the cline and he wont give me another.
    He is basically (alledgedly a third party / go between) who got me the box + cline.
    I want to upgrade the firmware to (a) make sure its not a clone and (b) because i want to.
    Now obviously i dont want to take this risk unless i can get the cline downloaded from the S10.
    I was heavily (ok, massively) into the DBOX when it was around and from what i can figure out its a simple case of dumping the ccam file and reading it to see what the cline is (that correct?).
    Basically, how can i get the cline info off the box incase the upgrade wipes it?
    My friend is being incredibly cloak and dagger over this.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks, i figured it was as simple as that but wanted to confirm.
    So, just dump all the files >> upgrade firmware >>> put files back on?

Yep.

you can backup an image (*.abs) and you can select any file to add to HDS2_dump.as image. as well as (by toggling between options) Misc individual files.

I usually backup a HDS2_dump.abs image which includes all files selected and all the individual files. this is a must if you want to save a channel list (sat,TP_prog.dbs) and if you want to xfer the list to a PC for editing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!