Best image for VU+Solo2 in flash for using meoboot

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,559 times. The last Post () by levi45.

• Hi Guys

Recently I have noticed some new development - correct me if I am wrong :29_002:
    I have had experience for more than a decade now with this sat-hobby, 1st Dreambox DM-7020, VU+duo and now VU+Solo2. All these while I was using Blackhole image in flash and trying various other images like VTI, Openpli 3.0..etc in meoboot.

Recently it seems to me that the OPEN SOURCE has become a CLOSED SOURCE because everyone is insisting that we use their image in flash and not meoboot.:34_002:
    Tried Openpli in flash - no option of meoboot.
    Tried VTI in flash - no option of meoboot.
    Even the backup images are now being made for flash and not meoboot - I dont understand the logic why!

I would request our expert friends here to throw some light on this as to why this is happening.:thumb:

I also request our expert friends for any recommendation as to which is the best image in Flash where we are free to use other image in meoboot (multiboot)like backups with various plugin/addons.:14_002:

Any suggestion/comments highly appreciated.

Tks
    Supermario

• It's nothing to do with "opensource" or not, most teams consider multiboot systems a waste of time and resources when you can backup and reflash a new image in less than 5 minutes and offer no support for such plugins, as for Meoboot thats a blackhole invention which is why you have to have the BH image in the flash in order to use it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!