Amiko editor that works

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 903 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    I always had a problem when trying to edit channels on both Opticum and Amiko boxes using my PC. About 18 months ago I came across setedit mini and decided to purchase it and give it a try. All Ok for about a year or so but now I have all sorts of things going wrong with it such as not displaying my Fav's etc,etc. I tried on several occassions contacting the vendor but never got any reply. My friend purchased the same tool on my advise and is having similar problems. My question is, is there a tool out there that actually works. I also tried the Ali editor tools but found these crap. I need to setup favourites, moove channels around, rename etc,etc.
    I realize that these boxes are not linux based but surely it's not rocket science to get an edit tool to work correctly, or is it ????.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi

Use the built in editor this works fine
    I have been using this for some time now and never had any problems
    when I finish the list for the combo I use Ali edit to transfer it to the mini which uses a different chip set, saves me having to produce a whole channel list again
    Once done once it's very easy to keep up to date.

• Hi All!
    I also have this kind of problem. I have Micro, mini and one Alien 3. I couldn't finf working software. I was create list by hand for mini and micro, but i don't have time for Alien 3. Where can i find WORKNG editor for spark 2. I don't understand after that i have DM500 and DM800. I was use dreamboxedit without problem. Ok i need a little time for it, but i didn't have problem. I know the future is android and smart boxes but i thin it was a big problem. :76:

Thakns Su

• I tried amiko hd channel editor at the weekend. It worked fine ( or so I thought ). I setup FAV's etc and saved the setup to a memory stick. All OK. I transferred the new channel plan from the usb stick to the box and all appeared ok. When I arrived at a house to install the box all the FAV's were gone. For some reason the amiko hd channel edit tool does not save the transferred channel plan. I tried using all types of editors using rs232 also. Looks like only a linux type box will work 100% every time in my experience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!