What To Buy Motorized Dish & Receiver?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,497 times. The last Post () by allnighter.

• What To Buy Motorized Dish & Receiver?

Hello all am new to all this satellites and receiver am currently using a clone box i know that's a swear word on this site its the cloud ibox 2+ and i think its great for what it cost i want to know
    what advantages a different receiver will have? because am thinking about setting up a motorized dish I've posted a pic of my current dish supplied by sly which am going to leave up to keep the doris happy i was hoping to fit a 80/90cm dish above my current dish am going to post some picture of the back of my house can someone tell me what satellites i should be able to receive and what is best to buy dish wise and if there is anyone to do the install and setup at a good price i would really appreciate it

f9945d50379d5eebb.jpgd1977.jpgd35ec290c.jpg7acc5f34cf7f5d403.jpg

• Hi mate,

Looking at your pics, looks like your sly dish is flush with your house wall.
    Not much room to manouver a motorised dish by the looks of it.
    May I suggest if you go down that route, that you mount it on a scaffold pole above the appex of the roof to get the full travel of the dish which will pick up 30E to 5W without much issue.
    If thats not applicable, then a pole out your garden my get you some sats.

Suttsy...

• You will get plenty of sats from 42 east to 30w from that location mate(depending on dish size)/installation/.... from one of the pics it looks like your los is fine too...with a 80 or 90 cm and a good inverto black ultra lnb you will get 28.2/19.2/13e/16e/0.8 west and a few others which covers most of the main ones we want including hd ! need more pictures of your home to see whether another location might look less intrusive tho.

• Better off using a t & k bracket set as the pole needs to be plumb.
    If it is out slightly, you won't be on the arc (clark belt) and will miss a couple of sats.
    The bracket in the pic has no room for adjustment and you are relying on your brickwork to be perfect.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!