Sharing Movies via Vu to family/friends

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 674 times. The last Post () by monkified.

• Hi,

I just had a thought and was wondering if it was possible to share movies over networking to family and friends via the Vu System. I.e If there is a new film out that I have downloaded, and parents wanted to see it and they live several miles away. Can I add a setting to there system to allow it to appear on there system, Link the systems somehow maybe? Hope this makes sense...

• I'm having a similar issue. But my question is: Is there a way to allow remote access to a specific folder (ie Movies) on the vu box to allow friends to copy? I have setup password via telnet. I already have ftp, ports forwarded etc setup. I can connect to my vu solo2 remotely via ftp & browser. Is there a way to allow users access to a specific folder without giving them administrative login details?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi murphy. I'm having a similar issue. But my question is: Is there a way to allow remote access to a specific folder (ie Movies) on the vu box to allow friends to copy? I have setup password via telnet. I already have ftp, ports forwarded etc setup. I can connect to my vu solo2 remotely via ftp & browser. Is there a way to allow users access to a specific folder without giving them administrative login details?

Thanks

• you want to get into boxes without password lol

its called picking people brains
    for one thing then using it for another

Edited once, last by davvo ().

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!