Evo Xfinity new user with few questions

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,108 times. The last Post () by phantomprof.

• Hello all,

I recently bought this receiver. There are good and bad things about it. The good thing is definitely the price, the CAM support and the XBMC interface which are great. Bad things are definitely a leak of support according to me. I am trying to investigate and learn about the box, but my first impression is that the receiver has been release too early.
    Right now, i haven't found any solution to import settings from E2 world, like available on Prismcube Ruby (which i also have, so i can compare). A software like PrismcubeEditor would be welcome, to convert E2 settings for the Evo Xfinity box. These settings are definitely the most available on internet, we should have such a software first of all for the EVO box.
    Second problem i have, but which isn't perhaps a problem, is that it seems impossible to work with 2 satellites in the same time, or am i blind ? I have a DISECQ head pointing Hotbird 13° and Astra 19.2°, every time i try to scan the second satellite for channels, the receiver wants to delete my actual list of channel from the Hotbird satellite. I really don't know how to proceed.
    Another thing i am not sure is about CCCAM, i was able to create my profile with a C-Line, but i do have 3 lines in my CCcam.cfg file pointing 3 different servers. The 2 other are kind of backup, but my Prismcube or other Dreambox or VU+ switch from one to another when the connection is bad or if the server isn't reachable for example. I don't find how to do that with the Evo Xfinity except by creating 3 different profiles, but then i am not sure if the box will switch from one to another automatically like my previous receivers or if he will try to connect all of them in the same time (and this is bad because it will be detected as fraud and i will be banished).

Except that for the moment i must say that i appreciate the concept, the only bad things about the box itself is that you can't put a hard drive inside, it must be an external USB, and you don't have an optical output for your Dolby Digital receiver.

Hope i will get some answer, so we can start to do some tests and share ideas :).

• hi wondering if this has happened to others i have bought 3 of the above boxes and everyone flashed with the latest firmware. only thing is xbmc takes alot of booting and rebooting to work for a short period of time i think it cant read the ethernet but all settings are right is this a firmware issue

]

• Ok, i was blind, but i believe this way of work is not very intuitive. You have to select a satellite, and search for channels then you have to do the same with the second satellite. I was used to receivers working with E2 or blackhole, the way they are working is to define what kind of disecq and satellite you are using and then only you start your channels search.
    However, it worked, now i am able to see the channels from both satellite without a problem. I tried to sort some favorites with the tool "ChannelEdit" provided in another post, i don't know what he did, but after 2 hours making my favorites, i write them, the file seems to have been modified (the date of modification changed) but when i upload the file to the box, no difference, the favorites were empty. Importing again my file into the software shows me that they were indeed empty. Strange. With the other one, TVheadedit, i am even not able to load my backup file, it keep saying that this is not a valid folder.

About your problem, it also takes time for me to boot or reboot the receiver, but i am used to my old DM800HD, so this is not a problem for me :). I also had once that the Ethernert wasn't able to get an IP address, i removed the cable and it went fine. I also think that some bugs should be solve with a Firmware update, hope it will come soon...

• what firmware u have on your box it seems to be the new 15/07/14 firmware on this. im having to boot the device 100s times to get the xbmc to work

• That's the firmware i am using, indeed : http://www.lavatronicsdownload…Third%20Party%20Firmware/

The thing is that i do not have the same problem as you do. It happens sometimes that i need to try again a reboot, but not so many times (it happen once every 10-15 reboots roughly).

My problem right now is more to make favorites with the software, i don't know which one is the best, the one i tried seems to work except when it comes to save my work (ChannelEdit) and the other one don't load my channels backup from the box.

• Hi

I got one of these today, started up and worked fine. I disabled the live tv and changed the skin to confluence. Then i added super repo but everythime I clicked on it, it would exit XBMC. So, i restarted the box and ever since, it just keeps freezing on the XBMC media centre screen.

Please someone help!

• hi do you know how to add the cccam or nline into these .I have the cas setting all on but i dont know whether that is too be a server not a client ? please help ive been on openboxes for the last 5 years so new to andriod based boxes ty

• hi, i have the same problem, I am running the last firmware for two weeks and no problems.

last evening I installed super repo and then the freezing and closing started.

i am now at work, i think the solution is to uninstall super repo

Hi

I got one of these today, started up and worked fine. I disabled the live tv and changed the skin to confluence. Then i added super repo but everythime I clicked on it, it would exit XBMC. So, i restarted the box and ever since, it just keeps freezing on the XBMC media centre screen.

Please someone help!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!