New Member - Advice Required

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 677 times. The last Post () by robocop1967.

• Hello there.

I'm a new member and was looking for some advice please. You may well have been asked this all before so apologies if I'm repeating questions!

I have recently invested in an Openbox. I have a few questions:

1. I have found out how to record and set the timer for programs, but.....

I'm assuming that the only place to record is on a USB stick?
    If so is a 64GB one recommended?
    If I record a program on say BBC 1 without setting the timer, can I then watch a program on BBC2 without the box then reverting to merely recording BBC2 ie the channel I'm watching?

2. How many open boxes can be connected to a satellite dish?

Appreciate any help.

• Official Post

1. The only place to record is a USB stick or USB Hard drive.. 64GB will do the job, but it depends on how much you are recording, some programs may be several gigabytes in size.. This receiver only has one tuner, so you can`t record one channel and watch another.

2. Depends on how many outputs the LNB has.. One output per receiver or tuner is recommended.. You can split the feed but it`s not an ideal solution as you will lose signal of up to 50% and can only watch channels on a certain band and polarisation.. If you fit any form of splitter you will find that one receiver (or tuner, in the case of a twin tuner receiver) will win over the other. The only way you can use two receivers in this way is to ensure that both are tuned to a programme with the same parameters (band and polarisation). So, if one receiver wants a Horizontally polarised channel on High Band, the other receiver will be limited to Horizontally polarised channels on High Band.

• 1. The only place to record is a USB stick or USB Hard drive.. 64GB will do the job, but it depends on how much you are recording, some programs may be several gigabytes in size.. This receiver only has one tuner, so you can`t record one channel and watch another.

2. Depends on how many outputs the LNB has.. One output per receiver or tuner is recommended.. You can split the feed but it`s not an ideal solution as you will lose signal of up to 50% and can only watch channels on a certain band and polarisation.. If you fit any form of splitter you will find that one receiver (or tuner, in the case of a twin tuner receiver) will win over the other. The only way you can use two receivers in this way is to ensure that both are tuned to a programme with the same parameters (band and polarisation). So, if one receiver wants a Horizontally polarised channel on High Band, the other receiver will be limited to Horizontally polarised channels on High Band.

Thanks for that. Can you buy receivers that have more than 1 tuner so that you can record one programme and watch another?

• Of course you can buddy, and no better place to purchase one than from our forum sponsor.......

World Of Sat and if you send him a private message on here you will receive a discount code to use on your first purchase....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If you push to £269 then you could get the Vu Solo2 which I own and I'm sure the other guys will tell you it delivers all that you'll need especially for a beginner.I got mine from the sponsor last year and you get first class delivery and support.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!