PicIcon Problems

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,144 times. The last Post () by cbagy.

• Hi guys.
    Looking to make my own set of PicIcons for my OpenBox V5S (slybox F5S).
    The format is BMP @ 133x99, 256 colours.
    So I made a few demo's at the expected spec.
    Using PicIcon Tool to swap out icons for mine, however I get an error trying to import my bmp's.
    I've scratched my head for a bit on this now, im stuck.
    What am I missing here ?
    Any tips from anyone ?

• First resize your picons to:

The Bmp file format :
    Size : 132x99.
    Color : 256 bit. (8bytes)
    72 x 72 dpi (per inch.)
    Very importent...

Use the no_icon.bmp, dubbelclick (open), then right click, choose insert/copy from.. (add your new picon) and then save it as .bmp. That's it. Last thing is to make the new ics file.

I also scratched my head earlier, but now I had success adding new picons to my ics file. I just did a few picons last night...

Let me know if you still have problems.

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• Thanks for the quick response.
    Im using the BMP'S in the exact same format as you.

132x99
    256 colour (8 bit)
    72 dpi.

Using PicIcon Tool I don't have "no_icon.bmp". I do have a "Sample.bmp" which opens in picicon tool no problem.
    Using the tool I have options to -
    Change BMP
    Export BMP
    or checkbox for ignore.
    Im sure you know the layout.

"Use the no_icon.bmp, dubbelclick (open), then right click, choose insert/copy from.. (add your new picon) and then save it as .bmp."

Once loaded in the tool, I cannot left or right click the sample.bmp. I can only use the tool buttons to Change icon or Export icon.

Studying the working sample.bmp against my creations I see no difference in spec.

Im using Win 8.1 x64. Don't suppose this is an issue, is it ?

This is very frustrating, lol. Any other ideas.
    To save you any trouble, i've been doing graphics and video since the early 90's.
    I have thousands and thousands (literally) of icon/video projects under my belt so I know my way round a PC a bit.
    But this has me stumped, I know it must be something real silly i'm missing.

Please advise.

• Good luck m8

• All my files 13.8kb

Tried your method, still no good.
    Photoshop, no good.
    Paintshop Pro, no good.
    Picon Picture Converter, no good.

I can export bmp's from the tool and re-import them no problem.
    If I open an exported bmp in any of the programs above and save, I then can't import the image back into the tool even though the image spec hasn't changed.
    Im baffled.

• I understand you're baffled, me too...try my program if you don't have the same. What does the program says when you try to "change bmp"? I don't use the "export bmp" button...
    First I use Aschampoo for editing my picons to correct size, then I go to icon_edit program and change bmp. Last create ics file.

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------

• Ok, thanks for you patience.
    Tried your PiconTool, same result im afraid.

The error I get is "Error BMP palette , check BMP palette!"
    Close that window then "Error BMP data !"

I have uploaded a quick Picon for you to try your end, if you would please.
    http://www.mediafire.com/downl…gklt/CBBC_HD.STB..bmp.zip

Realised there is an error in the name "STB..bmp", I overlooked this when uploading it.
    I corrected the name my end and tested again, still no results.

Thanks again.

• Sorry, mediafire block it. "File Blocked for Violation.".
    Maybe it had the word S*y in it....?
    Are you 100% sure your picon.bmp is 256 colour (8 bit) &
    72 dpi. Because this error I got when I had wrong size.

You can attach your file here...easier. bmp or zip If it's not to many, send them to me in a PM, I'll give it a try.

• It's very weird....your picon is the correct size & colors are 256/8bit, same as mine. BUT, the only way to make it work is like I said earlier:

Open sample.bmp. Then choose "manage/edit" (not sure of the English desktop) and then "paste from" (I think is the English words..).
    Paste (open) the picon of your choice in to the sample.bmp.
    Then save as......

Somehow the colors are now changing, so it's working with the "****ty chinese program", even though it's still is 256/8bits. Can't explain this....it must be the program....?
    Included your picon, fixed this way. Now it should work for you...

• I still can't make it work using your method im afraid.
    I guess i'll finish the set still and see how I go.
    Thanks for your help.

• Very weird....if the one I sent you was ok, then send me the other ones, I'll fix them for you.

• I only have 165 at the minute, give me a week or so and I will take you up on that, again thank you very much for all your help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!