Cloud ibox 2 plus and 3 jenseneverest backup openATV 4.2 with multiboot for 10 image

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,778 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Official Post

jenseneverest OpenATV 4.2 backup

Includes:

Autobouquets 28.2 (set to London change under settings)
    Isetting and vhannibal plugin for europe sats or motorised dish....configure your tuner first...
    CrossEPG
    TSmedia
    MediaPortal
    Media player
    OpenWebif
    Picons
    lotto results checker (down at time of post)
    weather plugin
    on demand
    dreamplex
    epg translator
    youtube trailer
    highlive
    muzu.tv
    mediastream
    Opera web browser
    webradio fs
    2 x plugin / channel list /softcam download servers
    CCcam 2.3.0 and oscamymod53 edit under usr-keys, and start under info panel
    Choice of 5 skins

Setup under 720p resolution change under settings...

FTP user=root
    FTP password= root (or leave blank)

Choice of Plugins:

Choice of skins:

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

This backup will work on the cloud 2 plus, cloud 3, and xpeed lx/lx2 (probably miracle box mini but untested)

Due to bootloader limits on all of the boxes above we are unable to flash backups over 100mb in size, so the work around i have found
    is to install larger backups via the betecentauri ofg flash tool built into openATV images.....

I have included all files in the attachment below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1urx…20backup%20files.zip?dl=0

The file will need to be downloaded and extracted with winzip (or similar) before use.
    I have included bootloaders for both the genuine air dot digital boards and the clones versions.
    The bootloader should be flashed first to allow the latest kernel to load to your box
    If your unsure which motherboard you have flash the v5 clone software as this is safe for all of the cloud 2plus and 3 boxes....
    For xpeed lx or lx2 flash the latest bootloader for your box.... http://www.opena.tv/downloads/3-bootloader-2/

After flashing bootloader, flash the "basic ATV bootup"
    Turn box off and remove usb stick
    attach a preformatted to fat32 hard drive (or usb stick at least 4gb)
    Turn box on and allow image to load.
    Initialize hard drive found under menu-setup-system-extended system-storage devices-initialization-choose your drive-ok-red button

Once hard drive has initialized you will need to ftp or with DCC send the complete "MULTIBOOT" folder to your hard drive.

Then menu-setup-software management-flash online-yellow button for local-yellow for devices-choose your hard drive OK- scroll to MULTIBOOT and OK-scroll to JENSENEVEREST BACKUP and OK- scroll to kernel - green button to flash....

You will notice there is a choice of 10 images under multiboot.
    Other than the backup image these are base images, try them out and perhaps load a backup of your own....

With the genuine cloud plus 2 or cloud 3 bootloader, all 10 images will work.....
    with the other bootloaders IE the Clone and on the xpeed not all images will work, the box will hang on boot.
    A simple reflash of your bootloader and the basic image will solve it.....

Enjoy....

• hi wats is the routr by ftp to send multiboot to hdd /usb ?

• Official Post

hi wats is the routr by ftp to send multiboot to hdd /usb ?

Find your ip address within the "basic atv image"
    menu - information - network
    initialize hard drive then ftp the multiboot folder.

• yes ok but my question was where i ftp the folder multiboot?

- - - Updated - - -

ok fixe it alls ok

• Awesome post- was using vix, liked it but think I'm in love with this lol.
    Just need to get a grip with some plug ins now.
    Many thanks for the time and effort Jenseneverest

• Hi, been using your great image on all my cloud ibox 2 plus boxes. The last couple though have started hanging after the execution message and never restart so they are. I was just wondering what you'd suggest as I'd hate to stop using this image

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry couldn't edit post meant to say 'so they are stuck at execution complete message - no progress bars for ofgwrite don't come up as normal'.

• Official Post

Start again.
    1 Reflash bootloader.
    2 reflash basic atv image.

then follow instructions as above...Format the hard drive, and initialise before FTP transfer. (or if easier format to ext4 on your pc and skip that step)

• Thanks for the suggestions. I've had another try, reformatted all USB sticks (properly), redownloaded all files, reflashed bootloader, added basic openatv and still hanging. I might still be making a mistake but I've installed this quite a lot of times now without incident. I'll try some other stuff and see if I can get it working

• Official Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had another try, reformatted all USB sticks (properly), redownloaded all files, reflashed bootloader, added basic openatv and still hanging. I might still be making a mistake but I've installed this quite a lot of times now without incident. I'll try some other stuff and see if I can get it working

If all you want is to load the backup, format a usb stick to fat32. Copy the the "jenseneverest backup" to the usb stick.
    Place stick in the box with it turned on. You should get some message like "unable to display files" on your telly,...
    Direct the flash tool to the usb stick (rather than hard drive) and the " jenseneverest backup" file then flash....
    This way there is no ftp involved.

• A big thank you for this post my friend got new cloud Ibox 2 plus and had some openpli beijing image on originally I was pulling my hair out trying to reflash but found this post and helped out big time many thanks jenseneverst,

• ciao io ho un Technomate TM500 io no riesco collegare FTP no so il username e passwoord per accendere DCC per fare un nuovo emages o inserire CCCAM C-line chi puo aiutarmi Grazie

• A tip on how I got going Cloud Ibox 2 plus used flashed with original bootloder not clone version from downloadable files , unzipped to folder name cloudix put on to usb formatted stick Fat32, placed usb stick in back of box waited a min or so then on front of my box said done and turned off box. I then removed usb stick and removed that file from usb stick and replaced with unzipped open tv basic file first one of the downloaded files from jeseneverest. I double clicked through the folder until I got 5 files I clicked back to name of folder and just renamed it cloudix and copied on to usb this should be only folder on usb now. I then turned box and waited few moments maybe 5 mins to make sure flashed open tv file. I then turned off box at back removed usb and turned on to make sure basic file was loaded on to box. I deleted usb file done quick fat32 format turned box on put usb in to box no files should be on now I put ethernet cable in to optain ip address before i turned box on aswell. At this point I went to information network and wrote my ip address down of box, I then initialised my usb stick. Waited a few moments then used filezilla from pc typed in ip address of box then enter root in to password then found hdd file and transfered whole multiboot file from jenseneverset. from this point should only have to use remote and restart box and use flash tool like instuctions given by jeneseneverst.

• hi ebob86 ..is there any danger of brickin the box with the wrong bootloader ,i have used the new bootloader from the cloudvix site ,,,the box is ok and working well ..but would like to flash with this image ..but no sure to go ahead ,,just in case ..thanx for any reply...jtsm

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!