Need urgent help

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 969 times. The last Post () by truthist.

• Im a total newbie with a vu+ solo 2 and me trying to be smart downloaded a plugin called 'Open Airplay' or something like that. Anyway, as I got prompted to reboot it went to a green screen saying and constantly boot looping.

What do I do? I can't flash it, can anyone please help me? Sorry mods if I'm in the wrong section. ..I'm new here.

Please help thanks.

• It's strange that you can't flash the box even if this plugin has corrupted the image installed now.... have you tried a different usb stick? and are you remembering to touch the power button on the front when prompted??

If you can FTP into the box when it's switched on using filezilla or a similar program then navigate to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/openairplay and delete that folder. Then do a full restart of the solo2.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• It's strange that you can't flash the box even if this plugin has corrupted the image installed now.... have you tried a different usb stick? and are you remembering to touch the power button on the front when prompted??

If you can FTP into the box when it's switched on using filezilla or a similar program then navigate to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/openairplay and delete that folder. Then do a full restart of the solo2.

Thanks for the response. I've tried with 2 usb sticks and both won't work. Hmm I might not have pressed power button though. I will try that when I get home.

I have deleted it in filezilla like you say but it's still somehow coming up when it boots. So far someone of eBay has offered to sort it but has quoted me 45 pounds which sounds a bit steep. Its so frustrating.

• I would defo not be paying anyone off ebay £45 buddy to sort this problem out..... you can get all the help here you need for nothing....

VU can be choosy when it comes to usb sticks for flashing, even if you have used the same stick before to carry out this procedure...... make sure the stick is formatted to fat32 first using the program I have attached for you, and if you can't remember pressing the power button when being prompted then I would say that is what the problem is, the flashing procedure will not start on the solo 2 unless you do that.

• I would defo not be paying anyone off ebay £45 buddy to sort this problem out..... you can get all the help here you need for nothing....

VU can be choosy when it comes to usb sticks for flashing, even if you have used the same stick before to carry out this procedure...... make sure the stick is formatted to fat32 first using the program I have attached for you, and if you can't remember pressing the power button when being prompted then I would say that is what the problem is, the flashing procedure will not start on the solo 2 unless you do that.

Thanks mckee, you are a top bloke :)
    I will try everything you wrote but I don't remember being prompted to press the power button. Oh and sorry for the stupid question, is the power button the round touch button on the left?

75f2767cee345b57330.jpg

• Cruzer blade by sandisk is my own personal choice bud.

Also make sure no other usb sticks are connected to the solo 2 when trying to flash it.......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

This worked a treat...thank you very much Mckee25.

As it was a corrupt or an incompatible plugin how would I know which plugins are ri*** or not for future referance?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!