Please help a nooob with a Star Track HD 2014

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,913 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi, as I am new to this please can I have assistance by first advising if it matters which card sharing service I use. I ask as the one I have which expires in 6 days has been frustrating as I go through some periods when it is constantly freezing, like every 30 seconds, then others when it might be every 5 minutes. I have seen some advertising as not freezing. Is that just advertising or are some better, and which ones do you recommend?

Second. Once I have chosen, how do I set it up on my Star Track HD2014?
    Is it a file that is sent or cc lines as i have seen posts about? I did get sent a cfg file by one site to test for 24 hours and also a line that read -C:*******
    I dont know what to do with this stuff so havent done anything yet and when I emailed them and asked them what to do they responded to google it.
    Any assistance for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• I am trying to help myself here as well. I have searched and found these instructions:
    menu>plugins>xcamconfig> chnge to cccam 2> press 2244 if u can not access the keyboard

But somewhere else I have seen:

First Press Menu
    Then Goto Internet

Press Net Client Confg & Press Ok

Now Select a Server & Press Edit Yellow Botton for edit

you will see

now add your cline host in server name
    like worldsharing.myftp.org

then add your cline port like 12000 or other

then add user name of cline
    and password of your cline
    after adding
    then active server
    and press red botton for store.

Which is correct?

• yes but you dont have to put c: host port user pass save reboot the box

• Rami, thanks for reply but I don't fully understand your reply.

This is my xcamconfig screen

I have been advised to change to cccam2.
    Now if I have been given a line C: 5sat.dyndns.tv 25168 tests322 sb58896 for example

What do I do with that line?

Thanks

Hi, as I am new to this please can I have assistance by first advising if it matters which card sharing service I use. I ask as the one I have which expires in 6 days

Your better off getting a valid sub to share and will most likely get good quality shares in return.
    There are a lot of people on here willing to help you get you going but going down the payserver route is against forum rules.
    Have a read here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=90

iBffBYU.png

Edited 4 times, last by codar: More info ().

• Thanks for the reply friend. I just want to get my service active again and good service, if I dont have to pay even better.
    Some people like me need a helping hand though as it doesn't come easily or seem obvious. Will have a look.

• If it keeps freezing for a moment every 30 seconds what do I need to do to stop this? When I installed update a few months ago and it was freezing like this, I called the guy that installed it and he guided me the things to do then reset the box and it wasn't freezing so much anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If it keeps freezing for a moment every 30 seconds what do I need to do to stop this? When I installed update a few months ago and it was freezing like this, I called the guy that installed it and he guided me the things to do then reset the box and it wasn't freezing so much anymore.

• They're always gonna tell you that they are the "best", and it's a fault at your end.
    Could be that their server is overloaded.
    Best thing to do is get a valid sub to a cheap package and share with reliable people, or even borrow a card from someone you know to test your setup although don't know if your receiver can act as a server.
    All you need to set up a server of your own (if your receiver is unable to do it) is a pc/laptop (doesn't have to be fast or new) and a card reader. (About €20)
    Works out better in the long run and will probably have more fun in the setting up as in the viewing;
    Here are some great tutorials on how to set one up:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141
    And here are the basics you will need to know if you are to go down that path:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=90
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=4
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=9472
    As for pinpointing your initial problem, could be a number of things, server/ service you use / internet / router. / firmware/ image on receiver/ emualator etc, But you could be chasing your tail only to find out that the problem may not be at your end.

• Ok final post on this thread as you admit to using a payserver and our rules are quite clear here regarding this.......

Select a free to air channel, BBC1 or 2 for example. If there is no glitching etc then you know it is not a hardware problem with the box..... it's a problem with the payserver that you are connected to that is causing the problems you describe.

codar has given you good advice about how to get into this hobby properly, follow the links he has posted.

Thread now closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!