Marusys team should change policy

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,722 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• As confirmed beyond doubt that the receiver "PRISMCUBE" that he was born dead and despite of attempts to push him to contribute to the improvement of sharing But all this failed, despite the limited success rates achieved. I do not understand the extent of the manufacturer despite the intransigence of the road and others and a clear policy which percues It is so in my humble opinion, is losing customers panting behind Receivers contribute to improving sharing. Ray for discussion ......

• The reason the Prismcube failed (My opinion), is that they failed to gain support from any one but BH, who basically took the bog standard UI and put a skin over the top of it. Users were not fooled by this severe lack of support and if they fail to gain further support for the next generation the same will happen all over again.

Marusys / Vu+ are fast going the way Dream Multimedia did, by ignoring the teams and image devs who helped build up their empire and keeping prices insanely high in a market where ever cheaper receivers are appearing almost daily.

Just look at the Vu+ Solo SE, they had a opportunity to kill the clone market in one fell swoop with this receiver, but again chose to price their receiver so high to exclude a large portion or the market. Exactly the same thing Dream Multimedia did with their Dreambox line which for all intensive purpose is now dead out side of Germany.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Edited 2 times, last by pheonix ().

• Doubt Marusys will change policy. Why ?

VU+ is simply a 'brand' name and the direction of that area of the business has now been/become to support/promote legacy linux E2 products.

Marusys on the other hand has been tasked and is currently focussing on XBMC4STB.

The cost of Dream and VU+ products have always been relatively 'high' because as most will know and understand is that the development behind the scenes costs serious money = ongoing support.

There's no shortage of clones or knock off boxes available and as always the choice is always yours.

• The simple fact of the matter here comes down to support, and if the Jet gets the same level of support the prismcube had it will fail, users are not dumb and even the hardcore BH fans know that support for this platform is severely lacking.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• The thread is about Marusys change of policy. I'm not sure there has been or one intended? If the suggestion from that is that VU+ & Marusys are not or have no intention of supporting their own products then that truly is bizarre.

As for pricing of products and image support, then you are probably entering/confusing the matter with the murky areas of third party image teams and distributors. There are many parties interests residing amongst all that. Unfortunately this is an area unto itself.

• After I praised Marusys/Vu+ for taking on DMM and then having subsequently criticised them severely for doing the exact same DMM thing to others, after they won in court against the DMM - rather bizarrely, they came to me, asking me if I can help improve the Prism Cube Ruby project...

I said OK but you need to give us the tools to work with... So, they sent the boxes, all in good faith, we thought...

Alas, not a sign of opening anything up or listening to us - and the whole thing was a mess, one hell of a mess! "Go work but we shall tie both your hands behind the back!" Nuts, absolutely crazy!

The structure with 2 XBMCs in the image and problems with format etc. - not to mention the already outdated processor, not enough firepower for XBMC... achhh...

I even offered for the team to sign the NDA and all that - no way! They are extremely scared shitless/insecure or aloof and can't possibly trust anyone!

Well, again, shame on them! It is time to open up the code and give the tools to the community, if we could find a charitable soul or three who would be saviours of otherwise such a promising project...

Such a shame!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• FYI, don't expect almost anything of addons, even the simplest ones, to work on that rather obsolete XBMC 13, if memory serves....

This is despite the fact that some guys still support Gotham and other older feeds, say http://srp.nu

Overall, though, Sat TV should work, relatively speaking OK...

Best of luck...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!