install smargo smartcard reader for use with mythbuntu and tbs6981 tuner

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 618 times. The last Post () by akatitan.

• hi i have searched the forums, i am looking for a tutorial on installing the smargo smartcard reader for use with mythtv server i would just like to decript the premium channels from my "provider" using my legit card.

thanks

• Typing lsusb or dmesg in telnet will give you the output for which port the smargo is using.. We need to know which emulator you are using, oscam, CCcam, so we can show you how to configure it..

Hi, thanks for the reply. all i have done so far is install mythbuntu, and the drivers for the tbs6981, and am awaiting delivery of my smargo v1.3 reader . i followed the tutorial here http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=16479, but i am not sure if that is what i really needed. the oscam webif port seams to be up as i can see the web page on 8888, but the cccam webif port 16001 doesn't display a page?

• Official Post

The lsusb command will show a similar output:

Code
    Bus [COLOR='#FF0000']001[/COLOR] Device [COLOR='#FF0000']004[/COLOR]: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

Protocol and device in oscam.server should be like below:

Code
    protocol = smartreader
    device = [COLOR='#FF0000']001[/COLOR]:[COLOR='#FF0000']004[/COLOR]

You will also need the correct configs for you card... Which card do you have ? Show us the lsusb output so we can give you the full configs needed..

• ok i have had success with installing the server files, and i can read my sly 0963 card using information on these forums. i used for oscam.server

and oscam config:

oscam.user

i am using mythtv with a tbs6981 (dual dvb-s2) all in the same pc.

i installed ffdecsawapper and used the configuration here http://www.lursen.org/wiki/FFd…pper_System_Configuration for loop back?

the last section is making the cardclient.conf file

Code
    newcamd:192.168.0.24:15050:1/0963/ffff:mythtv:mythtv:0102030405060708091011121314

is what i used.

what i am having trouble grasping is how the client and server comunicate? how should this configuration work?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!