New Modem/Router

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,060 times. The last Post () by multipack.

• I was thinking about getting a Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H Modem/Router and flashing it with DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware........So I was wondering if any other member can vouch for either of these 2 firmwares, and will all the functions work i.e. portforwarding, my Dyndns account and any other functions associated with the obvious.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone any experience of DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware ?

Thank you.

• I run dd-wrt and it does the trick as regards port forwarding, static leases etc.
    There is a facility to use it to update your dns (as far as i can remember) but never looked into it as i've a static ip.

• No i did try it and openwrt on my tplink router but ended up building my own router/access point running ipcop http://www.ipcop.org/
    I found dd-wrt had a load of stuff i didnt need and if you use openwrt you need to installl a usb stick as root if you want to install any more than about 5 modules as the memory wasnt big enough.
    Both dd-wrt and openwrt would crash after about 2 weeks as the router couldnt cope with the usage it was getting.
    I have had no such problem with ipcop, all you need is any old pc and an extra ethernet card and you can use your current router as an access point, although depending on your usage this may be overkill

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!