Amiko Mini HD or Opticum AX-Odin or something else

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 681 times. The last Post () by deanpez.

• Hi!
    I have a very old receiver that is failing and I want to replace it with a linux box. My background is IT and I am very comfortable around linux, both at user and admin level.

Only 2 affordable options that I have localy are Amiko Mini HD or Opticum AX-Odin.
    I've looked through both these receiver specs, I understand the "numbers" but without any prior experience with linux based sat receivers I can not put those numbers in context (eg. I see the numbers but I have no aidea they mean).
    Both are identical priced at 79EUR or if you think easier in US currency 95USD. My budget is very restricted and I can not go much higher than that, but if you have an option other than those 2 receivers in that price range that would better fit my needs, please sugesst so!

This is what I want from a receiver, in no particular order:
    -needs to switch channels relatively fast
    -abbility te easily edit programs and/or quickly load it with preprogramed channels lists
    -be able to record program to hdd
    -be able to play recorded program from hdd and stuff that I would put on there myself (with subtitles if possible)
    -youtube/streaming from internet from free sites like twitch (no netflix or hulu and similar where I live so those are not an issue but ability stream those too through VPN or proxy would be nice)
    -CSharing
    -if it could stream content from hdd and/or sat to network like media server it's a big plus
    -have options to load it with different images with active development
    -abbility to plug in USB hub for more USB ports
    -if I could plug in wireless mini keyboard with touchpad in it I would be very happy
    -abbility to add wifi usb strick is a plus but not realy an issue if it can't
    -have something like XBMC (I don't know if this is an option at all on sat receiver or am I just being silly, remember I'm a noob with linux receivers)

Please help me choose my new receiver.
    Sorry for wall of text and thank you for your input!

Edited once, last by busan ().

• ok but opticum ax is new in the market but the name opticum is good reciever.

amiko mini hd for me i dont recommended .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!