channels help please

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,437 times. The last Post () by madbriuk.

• try a manual scan m8 and if it dosnt find them it can only be one of 3 problems
    1 dish needing aligned
    2 lnb shagged
    3 faulty tuner

Hey Mad Bri Uk !

you need to establish if you have an intermittent fault on your LnB (dish electronics)

OR

If the dish needs aligning ? Before Writing off the box tuner ! ! !

This can be done easily with a Satellite Meter ! (so get a local aerial guy to check it out > phone about find someone who does a free call out)
    OR
    take you box to a friends house with a Working system and check it there ! of course it might have to be left there as a "bench test" for a few days but that way you can work out where the fault is !

as scoot says its only 1 of 3 things !

imo Faulty Lnb ...................
    (however i dont know how long you had the box or what box it is ? the age of "the system" dish cable And the local weather conditions when this happens to you ?)
    i assume aswell that you might have an original subscription box there so try that for a few days ! if that fine then you have your answer ? :baffle::confuse::matrix: :cool:

Also if i were you i would just wipe out the channells list you got there and do a full blind search ! alot of those channel lists miss a few chanells here and there !
    i was at a mate house the other day and he didn't have eurosport ! so i manually scanned it in but then had to go through the box channell editor system to enable it in his favourites mode ! have you pressed ok and used the red button to get the entire channell lists or are you just using the fav ) even when i got the channel i had to use the box edit mode to move it to favs

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• did you try (A) uploading the working channell lists from the good dm500 to the one in question ?
    (B) swap round the dm500 positions to establish if that feed into the "dodgey box" is OK from the dish?

If you try both the above and there is still a problem then its pointing to the box ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!