Evo Xfinity freeze reboot probelms

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,016 times. The last Post () by RAZ777.

• Hi guys,

Have one of these boxes for about 6 mths now.

Reading the freeze , reboot probelms here, thought I would add my experience if it may help anyone.

I found some of the firmwares caused probelms as was reported, but noticed this box is sensitive to heat, even on a very open shelf with plenty of space nothing on top or around that in time it would freeze, xbmc wouldnt work, i found that this stopped when not sitting on top of my other reciever, so I have it sitting on its own, but thinking because of this (as with some dm800`s) i plugged in a laptop cooler to the usb and put it underneath(was working ok without, but just had one sitting here).

My firmware is not the latest its about 2 back but seems stable these past months.

• Russell the thing is I downloaded all the update firmwares into the same folder for the reciever so I dont know which one, when I started to see all the messages on diff sites about it glitching I decided not to use them.

Any idea where in the menu it would list the firmware version / date?

• Sorry, just getting time to get back now/having a look.

This is what I could see in my stb etc;

Android 4.0.3
    Kernel 3.0.8_hisilicon
    Build HiSTAndroidV400R001C00SPC06020140227.160151

Edited once, last by RAZ777 ().

• Another thing I found good was it very easily found my home network pc and with no pauses/glitches in stream found & plays stored content/vids etc(can map the drives/folders/locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Russell,

Just thinking - I can't seem to see /find the confluence skin on mine- maybe thats it- pre this skin and maybe the `load`/glitch it causes?
    (just speculating some).
    There are some things future firmwares could likely address / improve, but great box for the money, the xbmc feature I find fantastic (took a bit of manual updating to get it more how I liked it/more usable), but content is great, virtually no broken links, fast & smooth (and I am on a non fibre isp).
    Getting a second one, with the sat, xbmc, internet browser/android pc function, access to lan storage all in one box, makes a great multimedia interface for any room for me.

• Update,

Got my 2nd xfinity last week, so loaded the last sept firmware, its been surprisingly good, the long boot time has gone and seems stable so far.

Cant get the channel editior to work- linked the 7-zip file from my pc programs folder etc but the tar.gz file wont load/show in the editor.

Anyone got a good guide to epg setup on these also?

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!