i think softcam issues are crashing my box

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,499 times. The last Post () by leemcuk.

• I have just bought a new TM- t3 combo and i am really pleased with it after owning dreamboxes/vusolo`s before.
    I installed cccam softcam and added a cline to the ccam.cfg file, all good. ( the cline is from my Ubuntu OSCAM server using cccam protocol)
    I then installed mgcamd becuase i have a Nline for cable tv and my friend said not to use cccam. I see mgcamd & cccam should not be running together so i converted my cline and added the cws line for cable into mgcamd. Channels are clearing nicely on both tuners but since then the box has also been crashing/locking up and needs a powerdown to reboot it again.

I am told a badly configured mgcamd might be causing this and i wondered if anyone can post what they think would be the correct config. My box type was set tp 00 (autodetect) but nothing was clearing so i changed it to 06 (dreambox/mips).

• Not that clued up on MGCamd as i very rarely use it. OSCam may be a better bet as it handles most protocols without any issues.

Nano

• thanks nano. would i convert the lines to readers in the oscam.server file? or add the lines somewhere else? i am reasonably familair with a ubuntu server running oscam but i have never used an oscam softcam on a client before...

• i am using VIX Apollo on my TM-T3. Thanks for the advice masterG.I have used the convertor before, its really good.

So my understanding is to use oscam instead of mgcamd on my T3 and convert my lines using the convertor and copy them to the local oscam.server file on my T3..
    Not sure dvdapi is or what its for though...

• Official Post

Basically the dvbapi parameter is added when you want to use oscam as a client, without it oscam is a cardreader / server..

Install the attached file > Convert your line with CCcam2Oscam > FTP to /etc/tuxbox/config and open oscam.server file > Paste in [reader] and save > Start oscam in softcam manager via blue button..

• this all sounds like the answer to my problems. cheers masterG

is your attached svn9842 the preffered oscam plugin cos i was going to install whichever version was in the plugins menu on the VIx feeds.

• Official Post

The version from the feeds won`t come with any configs, the version i attached does.

You can use the version from the feeds with the configs in post #4, or the attached svn9842.. Whatever is easier for you buddy. The version of oscam used won`t really matter when you are only using it as a client..

• right,

* i have reflashed the box and downgraded to build 54
    * i have installed the oscam plugin but used ur config files + created a reader for oscam.server
    * i have added basic server/config/user oscam files
    * the T3 is working fine, clears channels

BUT the box total lock up persists. In 12 hours it has twice locked up, and needed a hard power off/on to get it started again.

Could this be a hardware fault to speak to the world of satellte shop about? any further troubleshooting advice is greatly appreciated.

• Official Post

If it were me i would test with one of the other images like openatv before i would bother the sponsor as it`s likely a configuration issue rather than hardware..

After flashing a fresh image, don`t install any extra addons, don`t setup the epg, don`t attach any USB or HDD devices..

Setup the tuner and oscam, then run the receiver for 24hrs.. If it doesn`t lock up you know it`s another issue.. Setup USB, EPG and other addons slowly until you find the culprit..

• Thanks MasterG, makes sense to leave it on test without any addons, etc, then installing one by one. i will go for one earlier version of Vix first before trying another image first though.

• did this issue ever get resolved?

I have a similar issue.

Box crashes all the time.

tried open atv 4.2, open avv 5.2, openpli 4d image and it always crashes. also, tried a friends backup that works perfect on his box and still crashes.

changed the line "L" in mgcamd file

replaced the box and still crashes

i am getting well annoyed now.

any help would be appreciated.

Could it be the router, my motorised dish, the lnb on the dish, my hdmi connection?

have a TM 5402hd and that runs perfect, also have a Amiko Mini combo and they both work flawless of the same set up

Thanks MasterG, makes sense to leave it on test without any addons, etc, then installing one by one. i will go for one earlier version of Vix first before trying another image first though.

Edited once, last by leemcuk ().

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!