Absolute beginners guide

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,256 times. The last Post () by ukdeveloper.

• Is there one? LOL

I specifically would like to set up card sharing from house which has S*y+ and my office which just has a S*y dish on the roof and nothing else (no box etc).

I have a dm600 to start with, but wanted to know, if i wanted to set up card sharing, do i need to change my LNB to a quad one to do it? or lose one of my S*y feeds into the S*y+ box or is it achieved another way?

UKD.

• Official Post

Your main hurdle with a uk card is it`s locked / paired to the official receiver.. The card needs re paired to an old standard definition official sly receiver to be able to use it in any third party receiver.. Once you have done this we can help you configure it in the dm600..

You would require a quad lnb if you wanted to use 2 dual tuner receivers, or 4 single tuner receivers..

Which other receiver were you thinking of buying ? If you give us a budget we could recommend something.

• Old style *** reciever. Strangely I think I might have one knocking about.

Will my current card just work in it or is something else required?

Re budget? As little as poss really. £150???

• Ok i think I'm kind of getting the idea.

Ive found one of these (attached). Are these ok or does it have to be the really old style boxes?

And in regards to the physical sharing, if I wanted to watch channels from overseas (and vice versa) do you physically have to "know" the person or are there kind of card sharing "shout outs". I know you could pay for the facility but I've read the rules and see that this is frowned upon, which i agree with. Just wondering if you shouldn't pay a payserver, how do you "meet" new sharers.

UKD.

• Official Post

I`m not sure what make and model that is, but as long as it`s not a HD model, any standard definition model will do..

In theory you advertise what you have in VIP My Working Local, say what you are looking for and an interested party will contact you via PM about the possibility of sharing. You then exchange server connection details. Google cardsharing forums, there are many places you can do this. Be aware there are plenty fakers out there or payservers looking to use your card for their own profit, so exchange with caution, always test a share to make sure it actually works before giving out your details.. A tip would be to use 2 hostnames, one for allowing people to test your server, and another for the trusted peers, that way you can dump the test hostname at anytime..

• Ok so i guess its kind of like you gotta have something worthwhile to give to get something back. So if you live in the UK and want the full Sly package, what could someone in the UK offer to entice a card sharer to share? Wouldn't somone in the uk have to have the Sly package in the first place anyway?

hostnames?.... you've confused me again....

Let me get the *** box sorted first LOL.

I will get the hang of this.... i promise.

UKD

• Official Post

The chances of getting shares for everything with nothing to offer in return are slim..

what could someone in the UK offer to entice a card sharer to share?

Someone with a uk card may require a share of box nation, setanta or one of the other extra packages.. People with the same card also like to exchange cache, which lightens the load on the card..

Getting Started - Flines & Clines For Beginners

• Ok I've paired my card with an old sly sd box.

Ive looked through the getting started, but am confused... can my DM600 be both a peer and a client?

Ive created this in CCcam.cfg:

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
    ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
    ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
    WEBINFO USERNAME : yourchoice
    WEBINFO PASSWORD : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO USERNAME : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO PASSWORD : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
    ZAP OSD TIME : 3
    #OSD USERNAME : yourchoice
    #OSD PASSWORD : yourchoice
    OSD PORT : 80
    SHOW TIMING : yes
    DEBUG : no
    NEWCAMD CONF : no
    DISABLE EMM : no
    EXTRA EMM LEVEL : no
    MINI OSD : yes
    PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
    CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
    #MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1
    #LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt
    F: bedroom letmeinrightnow

but I'm confused as where to put the actual Cline? is it in the same file?

or have i jumped the gun somewhere down the line in regards to the card/box stuff....

• Official Post

can my DM600 be both a peer and a client?

Yes, it will work as a server and client.. You will need to convert the serial number that is on the bottom of the official receiver into a box key, then add it to the CCcam.cfg for channels to work on the server (dm600)..

Use Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC to convert the box key.. You should get an 8 digit number like this 01 23 45 67. Add to the CCcam.cfg like so:

Code
    BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 01 23 45 67
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000

but I'm confused as where to put the actual Cline? is it in the same file?

I see you have created an F line for the client / office. Put the C line in the receiver that is in the office..

Do you have this receiver and is it connected to the internet ? Is the office within the same network / house or somewhere else ?

• SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000 (change this to something else, all hackers know 12000, then open whatever port you choose in your router)
    F: bedroom letmeinrightnow

Place you cline (copy & paste) it in this file......

and yes your box can be a peer & client......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Re F Line: i only have one dream box. in a separate room from the sly box (hence F: bedroom) so that box I'm assuming will be both the server (for peers) and client (for me). is that right?

Also is it safe/allwoed to paste the ccam.cfg data here?

- - - Updated - - -

So hows this: I've opened up the port in the router

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12345
    BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000
    F: myhomeconnection letmeinrightnow

C: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Yes that's correct bud, I have edited your post. It's not a good idea to post your boxkey & ports etc on the open forum....

But if it was me I would move your boxkey & smartcard clock line to below #log warnings.... then your cline & fline...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

Hmm nope!

cannot see any premium channels.

Do the freeview channels work ok ? Do you have good signal on the paid / premium channels ?

Make sure the CCcam.cfg is in /var/etc folder and CCcam is active in softcam manager..

Can you get access to CCcamInfo in your browser with this: http://ip.address.of.dm600:16001

If not, CCcam is not running on the dm600.. Make sure it`s installed and active..

• Good signal on premium channels
    CCcam is active and I've restarted CCcam to see if it makes a difference.
    http://ip.address.of.dm600:16001 brings up a login box so i assume its connecting however the default password of root/dreambox isn't working.
    Freeview channels are fine

• Official Post

Good signal on premium channels
    CCcam is active and I've restarted CCcam to see if it makes a difference.
    http://ip.address.of.dm600:16001 brings up a login box so i assume its connecting however the default password of root/dreambox isn't working.
    Freeview channels are fine

Code

The login details will be whatever you have added to above..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!