Freesat + Sly

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 611 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I've been reading up on and learning as much as i can on the VU boxes. One thing i am still not sure about is which one i need.

I currently have a Humax HDR with twin input to view and record Freesat. Is there a VU+ model that will let me watch Freesat and Sly sat. Would i be able to switch between the two, this would be ideal.?

So i want a box to replace my Humax Freesat but with the option of watching sly if i wanted to, is this possible?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

• All the VU models will allow you to watch freesat & sly........

Really depends on what your budget is. A really good buy is the Vu solo2, this is a twin tuner box that you can install an internal 2.5 HDD in so you can record. If you can't stretch to that then the Vu Duo is also a good buy, a bit of an oldie now in terms of spec & speed but a rock solid receiver all the same with loads of support.

I have attached a screenshot from the ViX image, here you can see that you can have settings for sly uk & freesat..

If you do decide to go ahead with a purchase, make sure to visit our sponsor's site here: World-Of-Satellite has all the latest models and if you send him a PM on here you will also get a discount!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks for the info McKee.

What benefit would the Duo2 have over the solo for my needs? As i said, purely needed for Freesat and Sly only with my twin lnb input.

Budget isn't an issue, however i don't want to spend more than i need to either.

Thanks again very helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!